Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Good luck guys - may the force be with you. (The force of Carney).
He's already said the economy is doing well - whats he going to do, come out and say I was wrong heres another 300bn stimulus?
FTSE's on her own from here... :eek:

Postman, don't forget that chart tells the truth out of all bues and dust - JT

80% of people ignore chart even if they think they follow chart closely... thats the reality - JT

Last edited:
Good luck guys - may the force be with you. (The force of Carney).
He's already said the economy is doing well - whats he going to do, come out and say I was wrong heres another 300bn stimulus?
FTSE's on her own from here... :eek:

I'm a technical trader not fundamental. Technically, the FTSE is due a rebound. Market isn't expecting anything from Carney so it won't make a difference. FTSE will have its Xmas rally!

Postman, don't forget that chart tells the truth out of all bues and dust - JT

80% of people ignore chart even if they think they follow chart closely... thats the reality - JT

I'm a technical trader not fundamental. Technically, the FTSE is due a rebound. Market isn't expecting anything from Carney so it won't make a difference. FTSE will have its Xmas rally!

I would say at least one of us has their FTSE chart upside down.
I'm in the money on my shorts! :whistling

mornin'

:LOL:Just goes to show that most punters are always trying to fight the trend and keep throwing themselves in front of a speeding truck - that's why they finish up in A&E.

When you think about it, they go short, the price goes up, they close or get stopped creating buy orders and the price goes up even more.

Carney says increasingly difficult to provide unprecedented stimulus to the economy.

SSSSHHHOOORRRRRTTTTT.

Thanks for the link SD.

He just said prepare for higher interest rates in the UK.
SSSHHHHOOOORRRRRTTTTTT.

But only if you believe in fundamentals.

I think you will find that he said 'so that people are prepared IF rates were to rise'

In memory of good old Gordon 'prudence' Brown I've closed one of my FTSE shorts @ 6655 for +22.

Thanks for the link SD.

He just said prepare for higher interest rates in the UK.
SSSHHHHOOOORRRRRTTTTTT.

But only if you believe in fundamentals.

higher interest rates = low unemployment and improving economy. this is bad for stock market?

a myth is that falling rates are good for stockmarket and rising rates are bad. check history

Would you beieve that I entered a short on the FT at 1020 on 6677.3? Well, I did. I just closed too early, no doubt, but at 6653.5-- nearly 24 points- You are right about Dax, though, you guys, it does not seem to be as nervous as Footsie.

And this is soooo fundamentally important that the FTSE is still UP!

I hope you realise I'm having a bit of fun.
These markets are so thin this week they can be pushed up or down with the slightest gust of wind.
I think you could hold any position (long or short) around 6658 and be in the money within 1 day.
I'll stop now.

Albert Edwards, good article

Luckily none of that happened. Instead we were greeted by the sharp insight and keen intellect that we have grown to expect from AE, and that have disappeared from the repertoire of so many other sellouts and lemming cheerleaders. Ironically, the topic of Edwards' latest piece is precisely the chart above — the explosion in future margins, or rather the complete lack thereof. In fact, what Edwards is seeing is quite the opposite. To wit:

The margin squeeze that is unfolding as unit labour costs climb above company selling price inflation...

http://www.businessinsider.com/albert-edwards-the-sell-off-trigger-may-have-just-arrived-2013-11