Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I think you'll be ok next week.
In fact I wouldnt be surprised to hear some 'unexpected' news that is bad for the market over the weekend and stocks open down on Monday.

From many, many hours of screen watching... I think There is a 75% chance of bad news over the weekend. There is rarely good news. I shall hold and continue to short. Will add to my short if we get any higher but the fact that the Dow has major resistance at current levels I doubt I will need to.

Vasco - with all due respects, I have explained my reasoning more than once on this thread

It's OK, Maddog, I wasn't criticising. I'm with you on the idea that the markets are due a big fall, but I was meaning more in the light of what happened in the second half of today, and the wisdom of keeping positions open over the weekend. Gaps up are just as likely as gaps down, as I very painfully discovered many years ago (something like 300pt on the Nikkei). Being flat over the weekend is less stressful, even if you might be missing out on potential gains.

From many, many hours of screen watching... I think There is a 75% chance of bad news over the weekend. There is rarely good news. I shall hold and continue to short. Will add to my short if we get any higher but the fact that the Dow has major resistance at current levels I doubt I will need to.

I generally follow the ES as that is the centre of the universe for equity risk. I do agree with you the markets are vulnerable to a pullback after the weekend. A fair trade I say. Barring any crazy early taper news I think any pullback will be just that and we will see the ES print 1800 very soon, I think we will see 2000 in the ES in Q1 2014 certainly in 2014. They will need some runs on the board before they turn the taps off. :smart:

FTSE cash should print 7000 during November certainly by xmas.

Might as well close down this thread now we have an Expert Retail Forex Trader posting live calls elsewhere. Pity he/she isn't an Expert Index Trader, then we could all be rich enough to retire in a few weeks.