Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

You 2 just trade DJIA, FTSE & DAX?

Yes I only trade those 3.
When I grow up I want to trade the S&P but at the moment my broker allows me to keep my training account going at 10p per point. :LOL:

I have traded gold in the past and I bought oil when it was $36 a barrel once, but they were extreme price opportunities.

Yes I only trade those 3.
When I grow up I want to trade the S&P but at the moment my broker allows me to keep my training account going at 10p per point. :LOL:

I have traded gold in the past and I bought oil when it was $36 a barrel once, but they were extreme price opportunities.

Never trades Oil or Gold, not much of a commodity fan.

Doubt it, the pattern that I used for the long at 14,726 calls for a 14,957 target first before any major reversal again.

Maybe were looking at different timeframes. I'm usually in and out quite quickly (too quickly according to my wife :eek:).

Do you think its going straight up to 14957 without a break ?

What was your long target on the Dow ?

876, but once we broke and made lows the upside is much diminished, since we traded down to 719

when broke 805 it would have hit 877 almost guaranteed, i am guessing we are just consolidating/digesting yesterdays big drop. so last 60/30mins will show whats what.

no harm done.

when we broke 749 we should have hit 716 but only got down to 719

those harmonics must have kicked in but the sound was not sweet music to my ears

dow is getting stronger by the minute 841

Maybe were looking at different timeframes. I'm usually in and out quite quickly (too quickly according to my wife :eek:).

Do you think its going straight up to 14957 without a break ?

No, I'm talking movements for the next few days and weeks.

But I also doubt that it will move back below 14800 now the bottom is in place on this pattern in the short term as well. The pattern would need to hold the 14775 level to stay intact, so there is a little room.

Attachments

• dj.png
    dj.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 123
Yes, its quite possible the Dow has hit a low (temporary or not) and the Euro markets are hedging their bets. Some big buyers coming in maybe?

No, I'm talking movements for the next few days and weeks.

But I also doubt that it will move back below 14800 now the bottom is in place on this pattern in the short term as well. The pattern would need to hold the 14775 level to stay intact, so there is a little room.

I see from your chart you thought some big buyers were coming in at the 727 level.
I sensed big buyers from the price movements on the ftse this morning.
Given I'm expecting 862 I've closed my long at 838 for a loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see from your chart you thought some big buyers were coming in at the 727 level.
I sensed big buyers from the price movements on the ftse this morning.
Given I'm expecting 862 I've closed my long at 838 for a loss.

In my view the DJIA correction ended today with the expected low 14726 holding firm, the 100+ point rally shows that I was right about institutional buying, therefore in my opinion the 14775/800 will be defended now on until 14957 is reached which is target 1 for this pattern.

So if I were a DJIA trader which I'm not, I would now be a dip buyer from now on for a run at 14957 over next few days.

As you know I bought the DJIA today at 14728, but I'm a short term trader and I'm not really a DJIA trader.

On the other hand....I could be totally wrong :whistling

In my view the DJIA correction ended today with the expected low 14726 holding firm, the 100+ point rally shows that I was right about institutional buying, therefore in my opinion the 14775/800 will be defended now on until 14957 is reached which is target 1 for this pattern.

So if I were a DJIA trader which I'm not, I would now be a dip buyer from now on for a run at 14957 over next few days.

As you know I bought the DJIA today at 14728, but I'm a short term trader and I'm not really a DJIA trader.

the dow weekly chart tends to show strong support at 14,800

Awww now I see weakness in the FTSE after market, and little follow through on the Dax.
The Dow doesn't have the support tonight.