Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Dax only down 11pts,

not too much damage to the eurostoxx 50

FTSE mysteriously closes at 6390

Last edited:
I think the dow could hover around the 860 mark until 'the news' comes out then have the mother of all spike downs before going up to 15,000 again....
Then Goldilocks will make porridge for the 3 bears ... sorry thats a different fairy story.

how about the one where the little bull gets all his mates and kicks the sh&t out of the big bear...i like that one:)

The Dow seems to have found its way to 14860. God knows how it got there ;)
It 'aint good folks....

Morning All

Had a few longs in the DAX from Asia, but bailed at 8,320.
Bloody Germans.
Yanks should spoil the party.

I'm doing nothing more until this afternoon. I think 8320 is easily achievable on the downside.
Have fun folks.

i have been told the US bond market is rolling over....good or bad for stocks?

higher yields means money leaving stocks to enter stock market, bernanke has said that he will withdraw stimulus(qe) and earnings growth will drive equity

earnings are going to grow hugely, did u hear about one of the biggest hedgefund in europe toscafund saying uk growth to outpace US, placed big bets.

higher yields are bullish for markets lower yields are bearish

Last edited:
THE resurgent British economy is set for faster growth than the United States for much of the rest of the decade, according to Toscafund, one of Europe’s biggest equity hedge fund managers.

The London-based firm, whose holding company is chaired by Sir George Mathewson, has been betting on a revival in the UK economy since last year when many commentators were predicting a triple-dip recession.

The fund sees population growth, via immigration, as a key driver of the economy along with a “flourishing” car-making industry and the increasing attractiveness of UK universities to students from emerging markets. “ firmly believe UK GDP will only surprise upwards from here,” chief economist Savvas Savouri said, estimating that British economic growth would outpace US expansion every year from 2014 to 2020 inclusive.

“I can’t think of another country on this planet that is the nexus of emerging world growth more than the UK. By 2045 the UK’s population will be bigger than Germany’s.”

Savouri said Toscafund owns positions in housebuilders, capital goods stocks – manufacturers of goods used to make other products – and property stocks such as British Land, Land Securities and Great Portland Estates.

Toscafund -

higher yields means money leaving stocks to enter stock market, bernanke has said that he will withdraw stimulus(qe) and earnings growth will drive equity

earnings are going to grow hugely, did u hear about one of the biggest hedgefund in europe toscafund saying uk growth to outpace US, placed big bets.

higher yields are bullish for markets lower yields are bearish

so buy and hold could make a come back?