Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

postie i don't understand ....if they are waiting for the sell programmes to kick in why would you close your short?

postie i don't understand ....if they are waiting for the sell programmes to kick in why would you close your short?

Mr T has been saying that the Dow builds a position during the day until the buying stops and then the sell programmes kick in and bring it down.
I opened a hypothetical position with the Dow at 15060.
When I posted at 8.25 it looked like everything had stopped - there was NO movement on my prices or on another site I use so I figured the selling would begin.
The level I closed at was 15028 ish which corresponded to 15,000 on the futures.
Thats my twisted logic - it could have been plain luck.

Hope you had a good day.

Mr T has been saying that the Dow builds a position during the day until the buying stops and then the sell programmes kick in and bring it down.
I opened a hypothetical position with the Dow at 15060.
When I posted at 8.25 it looked like everything had stopped - there was NO movement on my prices or on another site I use so I figured the selling would begin.
The level I closed at was 15028 ish which corresponded to 15,000 on the futures.
Thats my twisted logic - it could have been plain luck.

Hope you had a good day.

thanks p not a bad day but i've crapped out and on the fence i don't think the US is playing at the mo .... i never use futures only cash.. maybe i should take a look but why should i compare futures with cash? ...

you got the luck of the irish at the mo:)

So - a quiet day today nothing much to look forward to except something about 'home sales' and 'FOMC minutes'. Don't think that will move the market much :devilish:
Nikkei dropped 200 and rose 200 last night :rolleyes:

So - a quiet day today nothing much to look forward to except something about 'home sales' and 'FOMC minutes'. Don't think that will move the market much :devilish:
Nikkei dropped 200 and rose 200 last night :rolleyes:

That's a slow day for the penny index Nikkei.

good morning everyone,

would want to be long ftse if sp500sept is above 1649 currently 1649.5

ftse has 10.6 pts of ex divi today

Last edited:
HSBC down 2.6% and continues to fall, part of todays 10pts of ex divi

BP down 1.2% , XOM had mysterious sell off yesterday in the Dow

thought dow could support around here ...if not i suppose the rest will follow on like wee collie dogs:)

s&p still above 47 cash

It is incredibly frustrating when that happens.

I am flat at the moment so slightly more objective than if I had an open position.
The Dow and Dax are both saying lower to me, and worryingly theres no real support for the Dow below these levels. 14860 is minor support but its a long way down after that ...

If the FOMC minutes had been released yesterday it would have been known as 'Taper Tuesday' :LOL:

hmm where's me bulls

Dick Lexic,

HSBC,RIO,BLT all down 2.2% or more
BP weak down 0.9%, check out the chart of Exxon XOM

yesterday although dow closed lower nasdaq and russell 2000 had strong up days sp500cash closed up also

SP500sept is 1645 now