Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hells Bells - ftse +107 strong vs dow to 16:30 close. Don't think I've seen a bigger 1 day difference.

Already started to weaken but only by -5. I'm going short/long and gonna hold over w/end if necessary.

Long Dow 15374 - hourly downtrend breakout.

Wrote hourly as I was typing quickly - meant 1 minute.
Still its good for +30 points already, but I'm holding.
Moved my stop to + 10, hope I don't regret that again.

Long Dow 15374 - hourly downtrend breakout.

Wrote hourly as I was typing quickly - meant 1 minute.
Still its good for +30 points already, but I'm holding.
Moved my stop to + 10, hope I don't regret that again.

Closed at 416 for +42

Thats 4 trades posted in 3 days for +141. A good week.
Time to quit while I'm ahead.
Have a good weekend everyone. :D

Closed at 416 for +42

Thats 4 trades posted in 3 days for +141. A good week.
Time to quit while I'm ahead.
Have a good weekend everyone. :D

I had a good three days knocked on the head today, after a bad day yesterday.

I'm glad that you did well, mate, and hope that the rest did, too.

Hells Bells - ftse +107 strong vs dow to 16:30 close. Don't think I've seen a bigger 1 day difference.

Already started to weaken but only by -5. I'm going short/long and gonna hold over w/end if necessary.

Weekend hold it is.

26 stocks down in the DOW.
Alcoa(miner) up plus 3%, lowest weighting.

Japan GDP on Monday. normally drives DOW futures.
With a lot of US parts made by Japanese companies.

Good weekend all.

well aud/usd did well but hard to say on todays.. there was only a small retrace to buy then it tanked but it's filled the gap now so might head up from here....i think the idea is to get a few pips and close ..not sure if there was room for that today so likely break even small loss ....i'm not following his actual trades only his method.

http://www.currencynewstrading.com/category/news-trading/

AUD/USD had a very good week.
Should have a look at 0.93 next week.
But 0.93 it's like an ant with a boot above it's head.

The problem that I have is direction and, if you haven't got that right and you keep trading, no matter how close the SL is, you are in for a hiding.

Direction indicators are, IMO, based on history, especially in the first hours. I need something based on price activity.

Neil gave us a link to Pring, recently. I downloaded that and look at it when I am having a hard time. It seems to me that my stops have to be farther away than I am comfortable with. Nevertheless, those with stops too close are at the mercy of scalpers.

I know that most of you correlate with the Dow, but that is not my thing.

ftse 100 cash index
for early next week
shows the uptrend that started on 3rd july/daily data
trend support/green comes in at 6500 area
trend res/red comes in at 6650 area
there is horizontal res at 6700 and horizontal supp at 6470 areas
there are other intermed and minor supports in that consolidation.i will try and put them on tomorrow
of3w9j.gif

down to 30 min
it just drifted up and down in a range
there is a series of moves from defined resistance on the way down/purple
the latest upmove is one big break above res/red which has supp/green at 6570 area
otherwise nowt else to see

jjvkev.gif

bearish divergence on spx
according to Hamzei analytics
number of stocks above 200 ma on daily is moving down
posted on twitter

The problem that I have is direction and, if you haven't got that right and you keep trading, no matter how close the SL is, you are in for a hiding.

Direction indicators are, IMO, based on history, especially in the first hours. I need something based on price activity.

Neil gave us a link to Pring, recently. I downloaded that and look at it when I am having a hard time. It seems to me that my stops have to be farther away than I am comfortable with. Nevertheless, those with stops too close are at the mercy of scalpers.

I know that most of you correlate with the Dow, but that is not my thing.

When I scalp and looking for direction.
I reduce my trade size by a quarter. I call them foot soldiers, they get shot down a lot of the time, but they get me into the flow of the market.
Then hopefully me and the market are working in sync.
Having your own money on the line is a great way for me finding market direction and S and L levels. Which allows me to work onto a full size order.
Money on the line is a great indicator. IMO

Hi Dentist007, just to let you know that I have taken you up again, after a long absence. My mental processes work better with 5 and 10, rather than 7, though. Not that I can't multiply outside those figures, don't get me wrong., but I save some time.Am going to compensate by using 3-point reversal. Is that ok?

Last edited:
I thought the ftse looked fit for 6600 on friday....then a move up to 6700 next week to close that gap...the US had other ideas and look a bit bearish ..don't think the bulls will want to go lower than the last one on the dow at 370 ish...either that or they were having a really good stop clearing exercise ...still got s&p 1694 as the pointer

usd/chf could be a good forex pick this week imo ….may have found a bottom with 92.50 area to go long me finks....ha watch it tank:)

dow cash index
shows the downtrend that started at the beginning of august
a very volatile trend...this index just does not want to go down quietly
back up at res...which was prev supp
a stack of trend res above
30 min data
3020ym9.gif

Morning All

ASX and HK both up, miners and banks doing the heavy lifting.
BHP and RIO over 2% and HSBC over 1%.
Japan missed on GDP, Japan 225 down all day, which kept the DOW futures in the red all day in Asia.

Good week for divs.

FTSE
TUESDAY 13-Aug: 20.9

DOW
MONDAY 12-Aug: 5.2
TUESDAY 13-Aug: 4.1
WEDNESDAY 14-Aug: 7.7

ASX
MONDAY 12-Aug: 0.52
TUESDAY 13-Aug: 1.9
THURSDAY 15-Aug: 0.44
FRIDAY 16-Aug: 19.67

Morning All

ASX and HK both up, miners and banks doing the heavy lifting.
BHP and RIO over 2% and HSBC over 1%.
Japan missed on GDP, Japan 225 down all day, which kept the DOW futures in the red all day in Asia.

bustech morning,

ftse curently +19 , SP500sept way below buy pivot 1697 (last 1685 big level)

FTSE overnight bounced from fridays cash close.

dow close = FTSE 6586

bustech given where RIO is trading in australia can you work out what level it should be at in London?