Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

what am i looking for ? h&s?

ftse 660 is a big hurdle

i have no clue as to what is pushing FTSE up so much, how can it do a 94pt range with Vix at 13ish also during the "dog days of summer"

also the Dax appears to have been shot with a tranquillizer dart someone mistook it for an elephant possibly

i have no clue as to what is pushing FTSE up so much, how can it do a 94pt range with Vix at 13ish also during the "dog days of summer"

also the Dax appears to have been shot with a tranquillizer dart someone mistook it for an elephant possibly

:LOL: yes the dax is a puzzle ...maybe end of month push for ftse....maybe fed leak... fomc/nfp ....simples:LOL:

As much as I hate trading before the F.M.O.C. minutes, I could'nt resist a short on the FTSE at 6650.
Knowing my luck it will shoot passed 6700 later this evening. :)

As much as I hate trading before the F.M.O.C. minutes, I could'nt resist a short on the FTSE at 6650.
Knowing my luck it will shoot passed 6700 later this evening. :)

FTSE is out of whack versus Dow,SP500sept,Dax

according to FTSE dow should be +200 and sp500sept should be 1702 (its 1687) there may be a plausible explanation. BP rebound BARC cash call. sharp drop in GBPUSD. big cap ftse stocks are letting rip.

ex mpc rate setters deanne julius and goodhart been saying UK economy has reached "escape velocity" obviously talking their book, probably long

according to FTSE dow should be +200 and sp500sept should be 1702 (its 1687) there may be a plausible explanation. BP rebound BARC cash call. sharp drop in GBPUSD. big cap ftse stocks are letting rip.

ex mpc rate setters deanne julius and goodhart been saying UK economy has reached "escape velocity" obviously talking their book, probably long

Yep the drop in the GBP always boosts the ftse.

FTSE 6660 is a hard nut to crack. I'm hoping it will hold, because I just shorted again.:)

aye ftse coming back into line now

cool, ftse unwinding some of the craziness.

well, it was well over -40 weak net over Monday and Tuesday so due a bit of strength. Two nice trades, though, I started the day long/short but got out far too early as it eventually went to 3x target. Got in too early for the short/long, as well, and went underwater for a while 'til it came good to target. The timing of the approach is the difficult bit :confused:

well, it was well over -40 weak net over Monday and Tuesday so due a bit of strength. Two nice trades, though, I started the day long/short but got out far too early as it eventually went to 3x target. Got in too early for the short/long, as well, and went underwater for a while 'til it came good to target. The timing of the approach is the difficult bit :confused:

yes, hedging is a good strat