Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hi Mate. Yeah I have been reworking my strategies, currently trading FTSE, DOW & OIL. put the FX on hold as quite frankly it was doing my head in with it's spastic schizo moves. Also took up running as well to build discipline lololol

GTTY

ha interesting you gave up on spot to trade a less volatile product like oil :LOL: ! Good luck mate hope it works out for you !

ha interesting you gave up on spot to trade a less volatile product like oil :LOL: ! Good luck mate hope it works out for you !

yeah oil is a beast but what I found was that I could get a better read on the price action, breaks seem cleaner. :) always felt more comfortable trading something where I can see the prints in the underlying (i.e. not FX). :cheesy:

jimmy carter was a peanut farmer so that's all he left in fort knox ..peanuts:LOL:

it's all the fed...don't fight the fed....forget the fundamentals ....if they are controlling things like he says then i agree ...i never look at the fundies anyway ..

his trend trading sounds a bit like the taylor technique

Hi , so it doesn't matter to you if whether we're in a rescission or not ? or whether there's a hyperinflation or deflation ?

jimmy carter was a peanut farmer so that's all he left in fort knox ..peanuts:LOL:

it's all the fed...don't fight the fed....forget the fundamentals ....if they are controlling things like he says then i agree ...i never look at the fundies anyway ..

his trend trading sounds a bit like the taylor technique

he speaks sense, I got two of his books, his take on the economy is spot on,

The taylor trading technique is so hard to learn.

lol :) , so cable dropped from 2.1 to 1.4 without any reason , and the Dow slashed in half without any reason ... ok good luck .

tar wont the market discount all these catastrophic possibilities? doesn't the price "know" all information available ?

well the same could happen to the guy reading fundamentals?

tar wont the market discount all these catastrophic possibilities? doesn't the price "know" all information available ?

But all traders keep an eye on the whole picture and they keep up with every single detail "grains and weather , Shares and earnings , Currencies and Interest rates and economic figures ... etc " , example : Yen a couple of weeks ago was at 92 ofcourse i wouldn't say now you should've went long because of BOJ expected policy ... etc , but at least you should keep in touch with the news so you don't for example go short UJ when it jumped to 95 on the basis of overbought conditions !

But all traders keep an eye on the whole picture and they keep up with every single detail "grains and weather , Shares and earnings , Currencies and Interest rates and economic figures ... etc " , example : Yen a couple of weeks ago was at 92 ofcourse i wouldn't say now you should've went long because of BOJ expected policy ... etc , but at least you should keep in touch with the news so you don't for example go short UJ when it jumped to 95 on the basis of overbought conditions !

just checked the chart for USDJPY, it is very bullish and was bullish at 92, rising 200ma rising 30ma and rising 8ma. gave RSI buy signal on 27 feb 2013, @ 92.16

I once saw eddie george being cross examined by an MP about currency movements after a long discussion he admitted he had no idea why currencies move about, and he as governor of bank of england should know.

i have been guilty in the past of not heeding news ...still am a bit but to be honest it puts me off ...i can't listen to that ransquak thing or i loose the plot ...too much info for me ...but yes i will take some heed of the near by announcements like ecb today and nfp....afraid i'm out of the box as they say ...

Attachments

• FC.jpg
    FC.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 134