Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

FTSE 10am sell-off is this one of barjon's turning points, does some asian market close at 10am uk time?

Germany is an exporting powerhouse and its fate is tied to its end markets which are china and india, if u can find ways to analyze those end markets for dax companies it can tell you if Dax will do well or badly.

in similar way people do "channel checks" to see if apple is doing well, they phone retailers and ask what level of apple product stocks they are holding (inventories) this gives them early signal for weakness or strength for AAPL stock

thanks but think i'll just stick to the charts i'm no good with funnymentals

Techs on Dax worked nicely this morning, with a massive helping hand from Cyprus of course (y)

Techs on Dax worked nicely this morning, with a massive helping hand from Cyprus of course (y)

yes -prompted by the two Pin Bars at 0835 and 0840am (IG charts)-:)

(I looked at Captain Currencies approach, after my entry, and noted the 4 hour and one hour prices were below the 60 ma which would have prompted a trade on the 5 min. time frame - that is if I understood his approach correctly of course:) - the longer I trade, in my small way, the more I strenghen my opinion that price is king, helped by a couple of lines dilineating levels of interest to me.)

Off the market subject (maybe not).

Talking with a work friend in Australia.
My mate is looking to buy an investment property in the USA.
And tell's me that a lot of Aussies are doing this.

Getting 12% to 15% returns on rent.
Properties all across the US, even some just outside New York.

Are people in the UK/Euro investing in the US market.
Is this sucking money out of the rest of the world to support the US.

FTSE lows 6370 implied Dow being down 100 , which feels like too much weakness given the ungapped strong close yesterday

Off the market subject (maybe not).

Talking with a work friend in Australia.
My mate is looking to buy an investment property in the USA.
And tell's me that a lot of Aussies are doing this.

Getting 12% to 15% returns on rent.
Properties all across the US, even some just outside New York.

Are people in the UK/Euro investing in the US market.
Is this sucking money out of the rest of the world to support the US.

I work in the financial services market with over 3000 clients, although I have a few clients that have bought small portfolios in the US I am not aware of any notable increase in demand for this.. A quick straw poll ( highly unscientific, just 6 phone calls to my contemporaries ) confirms the same with their clients.
On the other hand there is still a large demand for buy to let properties here in the UK...

I work in the financial services market with over 3000 clients, although I have a few clients that have bought small portfolios in the US I am not aware of any notable increase in demand for this.. A quick straw poll ( highly unscientific, just 6 phone calls to my contemporaries ) confirms the same with their clients.
On the other hand there is still a large demand for buy to let properties here in the UK...

Thanks Malcyd

Always great to hear from other parts of the world.

Have a great weekend all.

its strange how the 8am hourly candle on Dax tells you which way the rest of the day is gonna go

Keep an eye on this rule, whatever happens in the first hour, the same wll happen coming into the 4.30 close ! everytime !

Keep an eye on this rule, whatever happens in the first hour, the same wll happen coming into the 4.30 close ! everytime !

Also my down techs bang on turning point at 14801 , it has bounced for now, but not for long i feel !