Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

this is certainly a big resistance area for the US so limited upside/sideways to down....no i'm not insane ....but don't frighten the ftse:)

This bull is unstoppable.
Played the Nikei the last 2 days. It has the tendency to follow the DOW during the US hours. I shorted near the top at close of the US , and covered at noon today.

Small value though, just cover some beers :cheers:

And you know that with MSFT and HPQ. Even with those two down 5% each DOW wants the moon on a stick. Whole thing is insane!

since dow is price weighted and not cap weighted, those two do not have a huge effect on dow, IBM does

HPQ and MSFT taking 22pts off the dow

Morning All

ASX and Hong Kong range bound, but holding the higher range for the week.
Japan off today.
FTSE and DOW futures down all day in Asia.
A lot of US data tonight.
China GDP set for Monday.

Point Movement

Attachments

• Points.JPG
    Points.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
not much of a fall on US markets but i still see this as a weak area for dow/sp....still thinking we could get ftse 6460 but the black hole is back at 6390 and we still have the bull bashers at 6422...hard to see ftse up dow down but that's what we need imo:)

kim jong ill must be diss-apointed, while he threatens nuclear war stock indices climb to new highs, cannot be good for his inflated ego

Morning Guys,

Markets feeling bearish this morning, but your right with JPM and Wells Fargo reporting it could be difficult to be short especially with their creative accounting such as making profits on their losses ! i would like to know how i can go about doing this ! Dax managed to close below its declining trendline and a break and close of 7797 im looking for 7689 and 7600, MACD also turning over but waiting for the sell signal for now ! Happy friday only 2.5 hours till pub time !

DAX.PNG

Morning Guys,

Markets feeling bearish this morning, but your right with JPM and Wells Fargo reporting it could be difficult to be short especially with their creative accounting such as making profits on their losses ! i would like to know how i can go about doing this ! Dax managed to close below its declining trendline and a break and close of 7797 im looking for 7689 and 7600, MACD also turning over but waiting for the sell signal for now ! Happy friday only 2.5 hours till pub time !

View attachment 159870

morning Talbs

if you could find the chinese/indian consumer cyclicals sector you may find a good leading indicator for the Dax

US banks profit figures are nonsense since FASB 166/167 passed meaning they did not have to mark to market, to quote and they could fiddle the capital income distinction

morning Talbs

if you could find the chinese/indian consumer cyclicals sector you may find a good leading indicator for the Dax

US banks profit figures are nonsense since FASB 166/167 passed meaning they did not have to mark to market, to quote and they could fiddle the capital income distinction

Thanks SD ill have a look on bloomy !

morning Talbs

blimey sd this is all chinese to me:rolleyes:

blimey sd this is all chinese to me:rolleyes:

Germany is an exporting powerhouse and its fate is tied to its end markets which are china and india, if u can find ways to analyze those end markets for dax companies it can tell you if Dax will do well or badly.

in similar way people do "channel checks" to see if apple is doing well, they phone retailers and ask what level of apple product stocks they are holding (inventories) this gives them early signal for weakness or strength for AAPL stock