Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Taking profits on the dow from this am , going to try and get long some dax here

There's the break I was waiting for. It may reverse, of course. T've been disappointed before. Haven't we all?

Closed my FTSE short way early at 6277 and DAX also at 7619. Closed 60% of my Dow short early too by the looks of it.

Profit is profit but I really need to trust in the move and run my winners sometimes.

Thing this is going to be a slow grinding sell off looks like anyway , so hard to hold shorts when we have seen these bounce straight back up all year ! ! re entred my short at 54 on dow !

Last edited:
I've cut my short trade, too. Experience has taught me to stay away from afternoon trading. I might come back in at after 1845

hmm im still short at 54 will see how i get on, going to short the SPX here aswell stops above 30

I've cut my short trade, too. Experience has taught me to stay away from afternoon trading. I might come back in at after 1845

This is also my preferred hour. Usually after this time it has lost its strength and movements are more predictable. Of course there are some times that it explodes after 19:00.

This is also my preferred hour. Usually after this time it has lost its strength and movements are more predictable. Of course there are some times that it explodes after 19:00.

I play a little game with myself. At 1900 I close the business for the day--I'm the last one out. I set my targets and stops for the time it takes me to get home.
Sometimes, I get stopped and other times I hit the target and, sometimes, it is still going.

I play a little game with myself. At 1900 I close the business for the day--I'm the last one out. I set my targets and stops for the time it takes me to get home.
Sometimes, I get stopped and other times I hit the target and, sometimes, it is still going.

Good approach. Still haven't managed to stay away from the screen while I've placed a trade.

What kind of business are you in ? Assume it is a hobby what you're doing.

I play a little game with myself too. It's called go long for an hour and retire.

just wondering if anyone else got in at 95 for the double top shorting? Managed to take +10, exited to early

just wondering if anyone else got in at 95 for the double top shorting? Managed to take +10, exited to early

It was a goiod run but I got in too early. Still made +10 but could have made more.

I did not play the game, BTW. Looked too flat. I was right about that, at least.