anyone confident enough to post live 10 winning trades in a row?

But surely Joe, demo trading is exactly the same as live trading. Literally the same.

No. Demo trades do not produce, sometimes extremely violent, market reactions. Demo account doesn't mean much. This is why I needed large number of winners to even convince myself I have something good going.

No. Demo trades do not produce, sometimes extremely violent, market reactions. Demo account doesn't mean much. This is way I needed large number of winners to even convince myself I have something good going.

What's your opinion on averaging down Joe? I am in favour of it. After all, if you never take a loss, you can have 100% winning strategy. This is good.

What's your opinion on averaging down Joe? I am in favour of it. After all, if you never take a loss, you can have 100% winning strategy. This is good.

Average down works if you roughly know where the turning point is. But you have to get the hell out sharpish when the turning point is not where you think it is. Otherwise, you are raped.

Average down works if you roughly know where the turning point is. But you have to get the hell out sharpish when the turning point is not where you think it is. Otherwise, you are raped.

I do have a good idea where the turning point is. Such things are easy to predict using indicators. If teh stockastiks are overbought or sold, that is a dead give-away.

I do have a good idea where the turning point is. Such things are easy to predict using indicators. If teh stockastiks are overbought or sold, that is a dead give-away.

If you know where it is then I don't know why you are asking me. Nevertheless it's those times that you are wrong that will kill you. To play with this, you need sharp reflexes and steady of head.

OK, real results are in. 18 completed EUR/USD trades so far today with real money. 17 wins and one loss. All bets were £0.5 a pip. The losing trade was £0.1. Total win was approximately £17. The loss was bordering on a technical error. The position was facing the wrong direction. I was closing it for a tiny profit. As the market price was quite close, by the time the position was closed, the market moved against me. So it was an unfortunate blemish on what could otherwise be a pristine record.

The market made me work for every penny. It insisted on a bit of rogering before coughing up the profit, in nearly all of the trades. I had it easy on just one trade.

hi all, i tried flipping through the thread but would flat outs be considered a winner? I mean realistically ten consecutive winning trades may be tough, but some flat outs, or a positive avg for all ten might be easier lol. ;)

OK, real results are in. 18 completed EUR/USD trades so far today with real money. 17 wins and one loss. All bets were £0.5 a pip. The losing trade was £0.1. Total win was approximately £17. The loss was bordering on a technical error. The position was facing the wrong direction. I was closing it for a tiny profit. As the market price was quite close, by the time the position was closed, the market moved against me. So it was an unfortunate blemish on what could otherwise be a pristine record.

The market made me work for every penny. It insisted on a bit of rogering before coughing up the profit, in nearly all of the trades. I had it easy on just one trade.

do you think the results would have been the same if you had been doing £50 per pip?

do you think the results would have been the same if you had been doing £50 per pip?

£50 will bring the house down on your head. I have never tried it to know. Largest single bet I ever did was £15. The leverage coupled with the instant reaction will kill you, unless you can withstand a 20 to 30 pip move against you. With this kind of move, it's never completely certain if its a natural market move or the extra moves caused by $$$ appearing in the eyes of your opponents. The latter being temporary.

£50 will bring the house down on your head. I have never tried it to know. Largest single bet I ever did was £15. The leverage coupled with the instant reaction will kill you, unless you can withstand a 20 to 30 pip move against you. With this kind of move, it's never completely certain if its a natural market move or the extra moves caused by $$$ appearing in the eyes of your opponents. The latter being temporary.

hey dude. which bucket shop are you trading through? IG?

hey dude. which bucket shop are you trading through? IG?

Yes, IG. their spread on EUR/USD is 1-2 pips, comparable to some brokers. I think the leverage on SB is lower than in proper forex trading. High leverage is what can kill you.

are you alleging that IG are manipulating their prices to move the price against clients?