2nd of September was the day!

its got lost in my computer somewhere. not very good at this chart posting business. i will try again later.

oil chart i hope!!

Attachments

• wti.gif
    wti.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 148
I think there is a fundamental difference. Oil is needed for the world to operate. This demand for gold is based purely on speculation... of what I'm not sure. This risk averse trade is becoming more and more risky the further we get above the historical high no matter what inflation adjusting calcs you can come up with. If it says $1100 it's $1100 and that's all that matters IMO. You could argue the same inflation arguement with 80's oil but the 147 still snapped back.

Plus dollar ahsn't really done anything but shrug off the post collapse gains it made. If 74 goes then it's time to start worrying

Do you see the dollar strengthening any time soon?

China's gold investors undeterred by high prices | Special Coverage | Reuters

oil chart i hope!!

I am also watching this.

I did set up an Oil Thread - WTI Light makes the best pattern for me, but in a short timeframe we will be going up here, in 'Hunt Volatility Funnel' Break Out Fashion.

Dollar devaulation spells inflation amazing how many new people have raised the inflationary issue since I strarted this thread.

Happy Trading GBPUSD Downside Break Out on the move for Forex lads whilst we await Oil and Gold.

GBP Weakness to Dollar.. | themarketsniper.com

"Understated CPI

Gold would need to rise more than sixfold to top the 1980 record, using a more accurate inflation-adjustment, said John Williams, an economist and the editor of Berkeley, California- based Shadowstats.com. He said the government has understated the cost of living over the past two decades with adjustments in the way it measures the basket of goods and services monitored by the U.S. consumer price index, or CPI. "

“If the methodologies of measuring inflation in 1980 had been kept intact, gold would have to hit $7,150 to be the equivalent of the 1980 record,” Williams said.

Bloomberg.

Last edited: