Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Feeling a bit lost, where to put this best!

Attachments

• cT_cs_7032806_GBPJPY_2016-03-22_23-33-05.png
    cT_cs_7032806_GBPJPY_2016-03-22_23-33-05.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 152
The view of the members of the Fed in face of external economic and financial environment is now seen as less optimistic.

Feeling a bit lost, where to put this best!

Hi Nick,

Are you still using Lr's as per your previous foray in the Fxmo thread?

If so how have they worked out and do you or can you apply them to scalping indices?

Kind regards.

Swiss

Hi,

I use them on FX only and they have worked out well.

Though they are just another moving average type thing, maybe more dynamic, if to follow the 'method' it is really just as simple as saying wait for a change in direction (ma crossovers) and join the new wave for a few pips and maybe more and whilst the price stays ahead of the Lr's then stay in. Again not any different to any sensible trading. Lr's are not the fortune tellers people might say they are they just show what you should have noticed. Now as for the TW LL HL LH and standing on your left leg whilst holding an onion whilst clicking the mouse, that is a different story.

I have not applied it to indices as I only trade Dax, SP and Dow and have been doing my own thing there for years. I did put it on some charts but it only shows what you know happened already.

I guess I never traded fx really and it just put some discipline on me and that is fine. Like any trading it is about effective management and exits once we are in and exit quickly if wrong.

Cheers

Hi,

I use them on FX only and they have worked out well.

Though they are just another moving average type thing, maybe more dynamic, if to follow the 'method' it is really just as simple as saying wait for a change in direction (ma crossovers) and join the new wave for a few pips and maybe more and whilst the price stays ahead of the Lr's then stay in. Again not any different to any sensible trading. Lr's are not the fortune tellers people might say they are they just show what you should have noticed. Now as for the TW LL HL LH and standing on your left leg whilst holding an onion whilst clicking the mouse, that is a different story.

I have not applied it to indices as I only trade Dax, SP and Dow and have been doing my own thing there for years. I did put it on some charts but it only shows what you know happened already.

I guess I never traded fx really and it just put some discipline on me and that is fine. Like any trading it is about effective management and exits once we are in and exit quickly if wrong.

Cheers

Thank you - very good reply and what I thought, good to have another perspective.

By the way you forgot to put full stop in! T.W.L.L.H.L.L.H. lol.

US markets were also affected by the Attacks in Brussels, and the stock market indices reflected all the concerns surrounding this issue of geopolitical nature. Thus, initially the market was penalized by these events, with a clear preference for defensive sectors as opposed to riskier assets. However, and as in Europe, gradually this feeling was being absorbed, with the indexes recovering ground. The stock indices were pressured by financial stocks and cyclical consumer companies. Yesterday, the fears regarding the effects of negative interest rates in Europe and low interest rates in the US in bank balance sheets influenced, once again, the behavior of the titles of major financial institutions. Moreover, to aggravate the pessimism of investors was the decline in Crude prices after the recent trend of a strong correlation between this raw material and oil prices. The price of oil declined from the maximum achieved after the data for this industry have revealed that US crude inventories rose more than expected. Still, the price of this raw material have managed to maintain some support before the return of some risk appetite. Today will be published by the Energy Information Administration’s the inventories of oil and gasoline. At the macroeconomic level, the PMI index for the manufacturing sector improved slightly, from 51.3 in February (the minimum of the last 28 months) to 51.4 in March. The dollar, which was initially pressed by the reaction to the terrorist attacks in Brussels recovered subsequently, boosted by rising yields on sovereign bonds, after the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Charles Evans, has said he expects two more increases in interest rates this year, based on the current economic outlook.

US markets were also affected by the Attacks in Brussels, and the stock market indices reflected all the concerns surrounding this issue of geopolitical nature. Thus, initially the market was penalized by these events, with a clear preference for defensive sectors as opposed to riskier assets. However, and as in Europe, gradually this feeling was being absorbed, with the indexes recovering ground. The stock indices were pressured by financial stocks and cyclical consumer companies. Yesterday, the fears regarding the effects of negative interest rates in Europe and low interest rates in the US in bank balance sheets influenced, once again, the behavior of the titles of major financial institutions. Moreover, to aggravate the pessimism of investors was the decline in Crude prices after the recent trend of a strong correlation between this raw material and oil prices. The price of oil declined from the maximum achieved after the data for this industry have revealed that US crude inventories rose more than expected. Still, the price of this raw material have managed to maintain some support before the return of some risk appetite. Today will be published by the Energy Information Administration’s the inventories of oil and gasoline. At the macroeconomic level, the PMI index for the manufacturing sector improved slightly, from 51.3 in February (the minimum of the last 28 months) to 51.4 in March. The dollar, which was initially pressed by the reaction to the terrorist attacks in Brussels recovered subsequently, boosted by rising yields on sovereign bonds, after the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Charles Evans, has said he expects two more increases in interest rates this year, based on the current economic outlook.

I bet he trades the other side...man speak with fork tongue :LOL:

Good G.., ....so your a profiteer. :cool: chuckles. I'll start selling more of those ratio straddles, on the Dax. The minute the market pops higher.

Today at the end of the session is not excluded that European investors reduce their exposure to equity markets to the fact that the European markets only reopen on Tuesday and so are exposed to hypothetical adverse events during the four days they are closed.