ZuluTrade

I think its similar to over here,that a certain amount is ring fenced and guaranteed

I am not sure about that mate , one should check it out before making 50K deposit . You need something like the FSCS in the UK .

Their website says they are 'regulated in Europe, registration no. 2/540/17.2.2010.' What exactly does that mean?

This is MiFid registration number and date. For those who doesn't know about EU regulations better more on it as it differentiates a bit from the US/UK ones.

I am not sure about that mate , one should check it out before making 50K deposit . You need something like the FSCS in the UK .

what do you think the differences are. are you saying that they dont ring fence the first 50k

dont calll his bluff....there are no deposits ...he has not being serious - I remember him beginning to doubt the broker that there were some supposedly complications of withdrawals rates from euro to pound, and then he suddenly puts 50K USD ...come on it all smells like spam, at least to me :sneaky:

what do you think the differences are. are you saying that they dont ring fence the first 50k

At least in the UK with the FSCS you are compensated up to 50K quids if your broker broke someday , i am not sure if that's the case in Europe for FX , being ring fenced or not doesn't make a difference for me look at MFglobal , PFG , WS , and the broker can run away with the money at anytime really , i want a compensation scheme like the FSCS in the UK and the SIPC in the US for equities and options .

Heres the aaafx regs. Is this any clearer,probably not,at the end of the day,why should they go under,they win either way?

All AAAFx investors are protected by the Greek Guarantee Fund according to the European Directive 93/22/EEC. In case of an Investment Firm's bankruptcy or failure to fulfill its obligations from the provision of investment services, the Greek Guarantee Fund will act in order to reimburse the investors and/or any of the contracting parts.

The Greek Guarantee Fund is financed by the ATHEX (Athens Exchange) Members and it is supervised by the HCMC. Extra deposits of cash from an ATHEX Member could be realized according to the total value of the Member's transaction. The Greek Guarantee Fund is activated in case that an Investment Firm is bankrupt, or non able to fulfill its obligations. The maximum amount of compensation is €30,000 per investor.

Please have a further read here: http://www.hdgf.gr/binary/HDIGF_booklet.pdf

Heres the aaafx regs. Is this any clearer,probably not,at the end of the day,why should they go under,they win either way?

All AAAFx investors are protected by the Greek Guarantee Fund according to the European Directive 93/22/EEC. In case of an Investment Firm's bankruptcy or failure to fulfill its obligations from the provision of investment services, the Greek Guarantee Fund will act in order to reimburse the investors and/or any of the contracting parts.

The Greek Guarantee Fund is financed by the ATHEX (Athens Exchange) Members and it is supervised by the HCMC. Extra deposits of cash from an ATHEX Member could be realized according to the total value of the Member's transaction. The Greek Guarantee Fund is activated in case that an Investment Firm is bankrupt, or non able to fulfill its obligations. The maximum amount of compensation is €30,000 per investor.

Please have a further read here: http://www.hdgf.gr/binary/HDIGF_booklet.pdf

They don't have to go down they may just run away with the money , i gave you some examples . But if you are compensated then fair enough good luck .

They don't have to go down they may just run away with the money , i gave you some examples . But if you are compensated then fair enough good luck .

If they run,do these regs mean Im covered for 30k,thats what it seems to imply

seems to me it pretty much does apply. greece might not be in its best conditions, however so are Spain, and Italy and France, and this EU is behind all of them and the fund are settled there and used for when things could hypothtically go bad...

robbert.

Can you explain how this copy trader is ranked 6th highest return? He has not traded for over 6 months and his equity curve is nowhere near 191% annualized return.

robbert

Have a look at this trader. ZuluTrade - Performance

He is the 3rd highest ranking follower (copytrader). On the left hand side box, it shows that he has a minus 58 pip open position.

But when you click on his Open Positions there are none.

This zulutrade site is starting to give me great worries about my account. (I have already had a problem with a trade on my account. And the response from zulutrade to date has been far from satisfactory)

This is the 5th highest ranked follower / copy trader; ZuluTrade - Performance

A ROI of 240% over 56 weeks and an annualized ROI of 222%

But the PROFIT shows in the left hand side box as minus 250 pip

And there are NO open positions.

These zulutrade numbers are not adding up at all.

robbert.

Can you explain how this copy trader is ranked 6th highest return? He has not traded for over 6 months and his equity curve is nowhere near 191% annualized return.

I have now investigated the quoted returns of most of the 55 "profitable" copy traders (followers) and many of the returns are not adding up at all.

Without listing them all, the example above ( http://www.zulutrade.com/follower/188541 ) is one of many that doesn't make any sense at all.
This follower ( http://www.zulutrade.com/follower/188541) is said to be the 6th highest ranked follower (copy trader) with a ROI of 539% over 147 weeks. And a ROI (annualized) of 191%

But if you look at his equity curve he is NOWHERE near any of those returns. In fact he is barely breaking even.
And he stopped trading with Zulutrade some 6 months ago.

Something appears VERY WRONG with the zulutrade numbers.

Reactions: D70
All you are looking at the followers.......NOT the actual traders!
I have no idea why you actually want to bother with that..there is nothing wrong with the stats .......it there was , thats what you are claiming about the followers themselfs were going to complain!! hello!!
trust us THE ONE THAT ARE ACTUALLY TRADING LIFE there is nothing wrong with the numbers and stopp picking on something that doesnt exist.

All you are looking at the followers.......NOT the actual traders!
I have no idea why you actually want to bother with that..there is nothing wrong with the stats .......it there was , thats what you are claiming about the followers themselfs were going to complain!! hello!!
trust us THE ONE THAT ARE ACTUALLY TRADING LIFE there is nothing wrong with the numbers and stopp picking on something that doesnt exist.

robbert.
The underlying purpose of the zulutrader site is to have Signal Providers (SP) show how well they can trade SO THAT THEY CAN ATTRACT FOLLOWERS TO COPY THEIR TRADES.

Now if NONE (or very few) of the followers (copy traders) are making money then there is something drastically and fundamentally WRONG.

If you take even a cursory look at the examples given above, then you can see that Zulutrades numbers for ROI for followers (copy traders) are a total fantasy.

robbert.

thepom,

If I may, issues regarding the followers performance page have been raised in the forums already. One ZT support representative offered the following response a few days ago:

"Yes, the followers' page is not working properly [...] We are in the process of fixing the followers performance page."

This should answer your question.

:)

thepom,

If I may, issues regarding the followers performance page have been raised in the forums already. One ZT support representative offered the following response a few days ago:

"Yes, the followers' page is not working properly [...] We are in the process of fixing the followers performance page."

This should answer your question.

The 6th best performing follower has only 60 odd EUR in his account. Will they be fixing that too to make the number bigger ? Otherwise people would make more money flipping burgers.

The 6th best performing follower has only 60 odd EUR in his account. Will they be fixing that too to make the number bigger ? Otherwise people would make more money flipping burgers.

No,

What I meant was that the entire followers page is flawed. Rankings, performance, all the data is bogus so you should disregard it entirely until they fix it (so they say).

To begin with only 55 followers are displayed when you know (or can at least safely assume) that there are thousands of followers.