Zoopla

Used this site about a month ago to get an estimate on a property that we own. The figure seemed about right to me comparing it with similar properties on some local estate agents books, but the way the market is heading now I'm not so sure if Zoopla or the agents figures are realistic.

Just had a quick go and there was a £30k difference in estimate between identical houses in the same street where I used to live and £45k difference between my house and my identical neighbor, so not good imo.

Valuations based around what was paid for the property as far as I can see, which would cause the large errors.

Just had a quick go and there was a £30k difference in estimate between identical houses in the same street where I used to live and £45k difference between my house and my identical neighbor, so not good imo.

Valuations based around what was paid for the property as far as I can see, which would cause the large errors.

Did you try editing the details on the property?

Wasp, what you are attempting to do seems like house trading ,using an automated system! lol instead of working with the actual house price action ! Or trying to by-pass actual pro house traders who are in the market daily. :)

Call it something like, How to make a killing using automated Property Pilot , bit o marketing , and your on a winner Gov.

ooops what if it spits out your sale price at 15K , yipeeeee and you buy down the road for 250K ....??

Gotta have a giggle.... but thats what some people do in the markets ,ehh ?

Wasp, what you are attempting to do seems like house trading ,using an automated system! lol instead of working with the actual house price action ! Or trying to by-pass actual pro house traders who are in the market daily. :)

Call it something like, How to make a killing using automated Property Pilot , bit o marketing , and your on a winner Gov.

ooops what if it spits out your sale price at 15K , yipeeeee and you buy down the road for 250K ....??

Gotta have a giggle.... but thats what some people do in the markets ,ehh ?

Just trying to keep tabs on my properties mate! Lot cheaper than valuations every month!

hmmm, what about taking a look at IG's House price index and some how , mark to market using that as a guide ? .... if you just trying to gauge a drift of the wee % up or down each month...