Who actually makes a decent living out of trading...!?

It's telling that there are more people who claim others are doing well than people claiming to do well themselves. The stereotypical successful trader is supposed to be egotistical and unashamed of his winnings. So things are not adding up.

Do you make this stuff up? You seem to know everything there is to know about trading for a "beginner". You're spewing your bullsh1t all over t2w.

Peter

no 1 makes dick all money just forget the thread...(obviously there are some but there busy im sure)

no 1 makes dick all money just forget the thread...(obviously there are some but there busy im sure)

Don't let your troubles cloud your judgement. It is a typical noob mistake to become emotional about trading. Since it is clear that you struggle with emotional control, I once again applaud your decision to stop trading.

Lol! I`ll take my 4.8k profit thanks though mate. Never lost a dime in this industry. Cant speak for your experience though... I was never emotional with trading, but i am getting pretty frustrated with this thread and a lack of people writing on here saying "yup im a regular poster and i do make a living" No one has said that... i dont care about proof that would be enough (they can lie if they choose but if they are, then their in trouble)

Lol! I`ll take my 4.8k profit thanks though mate. Never lost a dime in this industry. Cant speak for your experience though... I was never emotional with trading, but i am getting pretty frustrated with this thread and a lack of people writing on here saying "yup im a regular poster and i do make a living" No one has said that... i dont care about proof that would be enough (they can lie if they choose but if they are, then their in trouble)

OK does this make you happy?

Attachments

• statement.jpg
    statement.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 219

Maybe this place is full of modest people who don't like to brag. This has got to be the most modest forum I ever visited.

So if you've been successful, what is your problem? Why do you seek the the emotional support of others?

Your own experience is the best guide.

domgilberto1989 said:
...i highly suspect or doubt that anyone on this forum is well and trully successful from trading, else they wouldnt be here...

Are you including yourself? Or by your conclusions you are the lone profitable trader here? In that case what are you doing here?

Peter

well if that's all you're after, try asking on elitetrader.com!
I'm sure they'll tell you what you want to hear. In fact, i bet most of the replies will be of people talking about the unbelieveable monies they make each day.

Pazza's loaded. He's a baller.
Do we reverse up here at 1236 ES, paz? Im bored of flashing red

I should have held on to that TF trade. Hit target with ease, but I went out with a scratch. I need more balls.

domgilberto1989 said:
i dont care about proof that would be enough (they can lie if they choose but if they are, then their in trouble)

OK, OK, I'll start!!

I made $12,345,678.90 last year trading.
Honest, I did, really.

Peter

Yea that does make me happy. I know its an immature thread requesting people to come forward and tell of your success` but in reality all new and experienced people need that!? So im sorry for wanting some clarification on it. Afterall this is a trading forum where the aim is to make money....

Pazienza - I Lost 3k (of profits) I feel for now it isnt very up lifting when im self taught with no backing.... at the end of the day thats part of the reason for this whole forum... to learn/share...

So maybe i am a little sporadic with my responses and this whole entire thread so shoot me down if you please...

All I was asking is if there were any traders on here who consistantly make profits day in and day out. I would have found it more encouraging... and who knows maybe the thread would have turned to more important things like the psychology of trading and help me develop mine....

But instead just got me frustrated. I`ll be sitting on my hands for a while as youve kindly praised me for doing; Pazienza...

All I was asking is if there were any traders on here who consistantly make profits day in and day out. I would have found it more encouraging... and who knows maybe the thread would have turned to more important things like the psychology of trading and help me develop mine....

OK, I'll give you a serious answer.
I've been consistently profitable for a very long time, but have been trading for even longer. It certainly didn't happen overnight. For about a year I posted live calls in the forex live calls thread so you can draw your own conclusions, good or bad, on that.
Trading has never been my sole source of income as a choice. I run a small business that I enjoy and have no plans to move away from that no matter how my trading is doing, Again, a choice, that has no bearing on how my trading is going.

Peter

Thanks Wackypete2 i really appreciate that. (tbh i could have guessed from the number of posts youve done that you may well be quite successful...) Cheers.

OK, maybe some of my responses weren't clear. I was certainly not trying to patronise you - it can be a very sensible and brave decision to stop.

Anyway, to illustrate what I mean, here are a couple of things that jump out at me in this post:

First paragraph: Yes, it is immature to want to hear about other people's success. What difference can it possibly make to you? Other people's profits and losses do not affect you, so focus on what you're doing. If people need to hear about such things, their attitude and mental condition is wrong.

Second paragraph: You had some losses. So what, deal with it. That is what trading entails. If you are despondent because of losses, then you have failed to appreciate the nature of trading and you lack the mental toughness to succeed. I am not having a go at you, what you describe is very common. But you either deal with it and carry on, or if you can't then again it is sensible to stop throwing good money after bad.

Fourth paragraph: "consistently make profits day in and day out". Again, that is just not how it works in the vast majority of cases. If you want that, go and get a job. The desire to trade every day, regardless of the suitability of conditions, is a killer and again reveals a common and fatal weakness of new traders. You are not working for wages, you are waiting for opportunities to present themselves.

I hope none of this sounds unduly harsh. If it does, well tough, because it is the truth and it is good advice. You need considerable mental strength to get to the stage where you have a shot at doing this for a living, and if you can't handle it you need to either work very hard at it or just stop.

Yea that does make me happy. I know its an immature thread requesting people to come forward and tell of your success` but in reality all new and experienced people need that!? So im sorry for wanting some clarification on it. Afterall this is a trading forum where the aim is to make money....

Pazienza - I Lost 3k (of profits) I feel for now it isnt very up lifting when im self taught with no backing.... at the end of the day thats part of the reason for this whole forum... to learn/share...

So maybe i am a little sporadic with my responses and this whole entire thread so shoot me down if you please...

But instead just got me frustrated. I`ll be sitting on my hands for a while as youve kindly praised me for doing; Pazienza...

I'll give you a recent example from my own experience - today in fact.

I was short and the market was coming back. My rules suggested my stop remain where it was, but I got shaken out through fear because I moved up to break even to avoid a loss. This is unusual for me, but it happens from time to time.

As a result, I got break even instead of the approximately 3.75% of my account that I should have had.

This battle goes on day after day after day. That is the consistent feature of trading.