Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Timeline of London blasts

Thursday, July 7, 2005 Posted: 1022 GMT (1822 HKT)

(CNN) -- Below is a minute-by-minute timeline of the multiple explosions rocking London. All times are British Standard Time.

10:47 a.m.: Home Secretary Charles Clarke says London blasts cause "terrible injuries"

10:46 Police say serious casualties in London explosions, but no deaths confirmed

10:46 Witness to Britain's Sky News says second blast heard in Tavistock Square.

10:45 Police sources say a bomb is suspected in London bus explosion.

10:33 Police confirm at least three explosions on buses in central London.

10:25 Police confirm explosion on bus in central London in the area around Russell Square.

10:24 Scotland Yard says "multiple explosions" rock London.

10:14 News agencies report a bus has exploded in central London.

09:53 Metronet says the entire London subway network has been shut down.

Police says incidents are reported at the Aldgate station near the Liverpool Street railway terminal, Edgware Road and King's Cross in north London, Old Street in the financial district and Russell Square in central London, near the British Museum.

09:41 London Underground reports a second explosion at a subway station in northwest London.

09:33 Witnesses say London underground says services are suspended after "power surge."

09:27 Metronet, the subway maintenance company, says power surge has caused explosion in London tube station.

09:25 Police say "there are walking wounded" in London's financial district.

09:15 British transport police say a explosion is reported in London's financial district in the area near Liverpool railway station.

Hmmm cash and futures price all over the place.

Currently back up to 10115 & 10135 respectively.

Any predictions as to where we're heading from now?

A bounce, well that would be expected but as to how high? US hasn't opened yet.

FetteredChinos said:
cable, and the dow both look like they are about to fall off that cliff again..

hold onto your hats...

How do you figure that ? After a 344 tick down on the futures market, the dow opened down 89 ? ticks and has recovered half of that in the first 15 minutes.

Markets in the US will close green and victory against the terrorist is assured.

yup, and a 75% retrace of the original move down...

i certainly wouldnt want to be heavily long on either just at the moment...

Minder said:
How do you figure that ? After a 344 tick down on the futures market, the dow opened down 89 ? ticks and has recovered half of that in the first 15 minutes.

Markets in the US will close green and victory against the terrorist is assured.

More like they don't know where London is? And not many news channels have it on?

FetteredChinos said:
i rest my case... 40 points eased off in 5 mins...

will we get 10,050 in normal market hours this week?

Yup, looks like I spoke too soon.

they are thinking about it... will it be a lower intraday high or a higher intraday low!

i'm still in shock at the drop to 10040 and the bounce to 10220 all in the space of 5 hours!!

Has someone got the brakes on? Either my data feeds are stuck or someone pulled the plug

Anyone use this Marketrac facility from the NYSE. I'm sure this link was posted here previously. JoulesMM1 maybe ?

I can't figure out if this info accurately reflects market direction or not. Update is every 15 minutes.

crude supplies fell 3.6 million barrels to 324.9 million for the week ended July 1. Motor gasoline inventories also fell 900,000 barrels to total 215.3 million. Distillate stocks were up 4 million barrels at 117.2 million barrels.

The US markets have reacted to London terror attacks as if they have never happened.

Unfortunately today is be all too real for some....