Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

There are rumours that a European hedge fund is in financial difficulty. Add to this the fact that there is a restatement of last Friday's employment numbers and one can see why the markets are reeling (Bloomberg).

mofo said:
Yes that Map thing, rightly or wrongly i was looking from the high in march to the most recent low in April & extending out. As i said tho eod indicators still north with one exception, so lets see if we can bounce

Which indicators are you using, mofo ?

Regards,

three goes at breaking through 10308 now, is this the bounce coming ?

Oerrrr Ivor, I'll PM you so i don't take this thread off piste / get sued / get accused of advertising

mofo said:
three goes at breaking through 10308 now, is this the bounce coming ?

Oerrrr Ivor, I'll PM you so i don't take this thread off piste / get sued / get accused of advertising

Only Boeing and GM are holding this up - can't see where a bounce will come from at the moment.

you mean the jedi master?

i hope so..

looks like my FTSE shorts are gonna miss closing by 5 pts.. unless the auction sees to that.

still. gotta trade to the rules...

as for the Dow.. im still short from a week ago at 10,300 :eek:

10,270 is my S&R point for this..

hopefully we will see this (and then some) later today.

FC

Has anybody heard of "tradethemarket" or Their seminars or cd of their seminar i would really appreciate their opinion.thanks

Tomorrow could be quite pivotal.
March Trade Balance before the open, then Energy Inventories at 10.30 and finally the April Budget Statement at 1.00pm.
Only Dow company reporting is Disney and their results are expected to be ahead of last year.

Using the daily pivot point system. Support level 1 is at 10342 and support level 2 is at 10301.33.
The question is is it turning round at level 2 or is this going to be a trend day with finish well below 10300.

FC - are you still planning to close your 10300 short at 10270 and go long or are you going to let it ride ??

closing short at 10,270..

half a long there, then the remaining half goes on if we hit 10,250.

ive grown quite attached to this short now.. we have been lovers for nearly a week now..

kriesau said:
Tomorrow could be quite pivotal.
Only Dow company reporting is Disney and their results are expected to be ahead of last year.

Can't see the new Hitch Hiker's movie making much of a contribution to their figures! :rolleyes:

thats the least of the problems, Blue,

ad & subscriber revenues accross Europe are plummeting as all the renegotiations from the 1995-2000 bubble are getting renewed.

outlook is not rosy in Europe at least. cant really speak for worldwide issues..

Someone say Disney ?

bouncey bouncey bouncey bouncey boingey boingey boing, its doing a good impression of Tigger at 10295

FC, can i ask what is the significance of 10270 as far as a long is concerned, or does one have to belong to a sacred order to access this knowledge ?

You sound like a Mickey Mouse expert, FC! Or is that Donald Duck..? ;)

Certainly the Paris Disney park was never such a money maker it was supposed to be, but similar parks in Asia have been doing very well.