Best Thread US day traders thread.

Is there a list of non-shortable stocks somewhere?

OK, to an extent it depends on your broker admittedly.

It's a real pain when you get everything lined up, press the order button then it comes up as being non-shortable grr lol and then it goes south and you're not in because you can't get in. It would be nice to know upfront.

jimmy1jag said:
Is there a list of non-shortable stocks somewhere?

OK, to an extent it depends on your broker admittedly.

It's a real pain when you get everything lined up, press the order button then it comes up as being non-shortable grr lol and then it goes south and you're not in because you can't get in. It would be nice to know upfront.

what does the red R stand for next to the symbol in eSignal? might be connected?

samtron said:
sorry about the L2 talk jerry. L2 is addictive :cheesy:

sorry for not getting back to you

but was nuts today trading...

we had a blast today with aapl and sndk all day long

check out the daily on sndk it had that nice falling wedge breakout on good volume

the real time room i moderate in was going nuts........ :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jerry Olson said:
sorry for not getting back to you

but was nuts today trading...

we had a blast today with aapl and sndk all day long

check out the daily on sndk it had that nice falling wedge breakout on good volume

the real time room i moderate in was going nuts........ :rolleyes:
It was definately nuts trading today. Yesterday was one of the best morning sessions this year. Too bad the afternoon was pretty quiet.

-Dave.

Hi Dave

today for me is a critcal potential breakout day. That index charts look primed to pop, as crude is breaking down on my charts.

a big positive for the markets.

I iike the fact the SOX bounced off the 50 day and could help tech.

we need to see the NQ H6 take out 1700 and then we'll see some fire works, the Spoos aready gave abuy signal on the P&F charts at 1292 and certainly 1300 is within easy reach.

it's going to be fun today :LOL:

Jerry Olson said:
Hi Dave

today for me is a critcal potential breakout day. That index charts look primed to pop, as crude is breaking down on my charts.

a big positive for the markets.

I iike the fact the SOX bounced off the 50 day and could help tech.

we need to see the NQ H6 take out 1700 and then we'll see some fire works, the Spoos aready gave abuy signal on the P&F charts at 1292 and certainly 1300 is within easy reach.

it's going to be fun today :LOL:
Hi Jerry,

I listen to an S&P 500 pit squawkbox, and there were steady buyers all day long. I do have the idea that there are some stops up above 1300. The cash close yesterday was not high energy but still some light buyers there. The cash close usually gives a good indication for the morning session the next day. If all the big local players are working the pit today we'll have a really good day. Crude is going down yeah. Yesterday crude went down because there was a rumour about today's inventories that are probably going to be bearish, which is of course bullish for equities. So oil numbers today at 10.30 NY time. And tomorrow Durable Orders.

Let's rock. I'm rested, relaxed, refreshed and RARIN' to go. LOL.

-Dave.

Hi Jerry

We are certainly at a key juncture on the Naz. If we can sustain some upward momentum then we should be able to break above the descending triangle, formed from the highs in early 2006. If we fail, and fall back then will be some doubts about the recent upward surge.

Also helped yesterday was the news about the CPI core rate which gave the market some comfort which also helped to alleviate Tuesday’s concern about the future policy of the Federal Reserve.

Anyway, today, I reckon, is gonna be another record session for 2006

PitBull said:
Hi Jerry

We are certainly at a key juncture on the Naz. If we can sustain some upward momentum then we should be able to break above the descending triangle, formed from the highs in early 2006. If we fail, and fall back then will be some doubts about the recent upward surge.

Also helped yesterday was the news about the CPI core rate which gave the market some comfort which also helped to alleviate Tuesday’s concern about the future policy of the Federal Reserve.

By the way. I forgot to tell you guys. Yesterday I got word of a big bank buyer in the NASDAQ pit.

-Dave.

HI Dave

ohh yes i am ready too..

Watching RIMM for tomorrow's court annoucment..

AAPL is our key stock that we scalp trade all day long the absolute best.

we are always watching news feeds live form Fly on the wall and Briefing.com scrollingf real time for our room

lot's of fun during the day we never hold overnight either...

sleep like babies<g> :rolleyes:

PitBull said:
Hi Jerry

Hiya Pitbull

I think the street is discounting the next 2 hikes toward 5% Fed Funds...

What we need is the collapse of Crude to spur the markets higher.

IMO that CPI & PPI were both a little hot for me. There is infaltion out there but it never hurt too much since it's under 2% per year...

good luck today

Jerry Olson said:
HI Dave

ohh yes i am ready too..

Watching RIMM for tomorrow's court annoucment..

AAPL is our key stock that we scalp trade all day long the absolute best.

we are always watching news feeds live form Fly on the wall and Briefing.com scrollingf real time for our room

lot's of fun during the day we never hold overnight either...

sleep like babies<g> :rolleyes:
Same here. Never go overnight either. Trade my corelist. GOOG AAPL SNDK and some more. And of course the gappers. The make most money.

-Dave.

Jerry Olson said:
Hiya Pitbull

I think the street is discounting the next 2 hikes toward 5% Fed Funds...

What we need is the collapse of Crude to spur the markets higher.

IMO that CPI & PPI were both a little hot for me. There is infaltion out there but it never hurt too much since it's under 2% per year...

good luck today
That's true Jerrie. It doesn't hurt under 2% per year. BTW, what's your opinion on oil?

-Dave.

we do the same

we scalp for living trying to make a days pay and let the rest of the market buy and hold...

on P&F April Crude breaks down at 59.00 let's see if we can get that to happen... :devilish:

dvdh said:
That's true Jerrie. It doesn't hurt under 2% per year. BTW, what's your opinion on oil?

-Dave.

Dave the bullish percents on P&F charts for Oil and Oil service sectors have reversed down into O's i would short all rallies..

and like i just said i think crude falls like a stone soon...

Jerry Olson said:
we do the same

we scalp for living trying to make a days pay and let the rest of the market buy and hold...

on P&F April Crude breaks down at 59.00 let's see if we can get that to happen... :devilish:
Well if crude inventories are over 5 million that won't be a problem. LOL.

-Dave.