Ukraine invasion

A non-partisan research post - London
----------------------------------------------------
Russia’s Putin met Wagner chief after mutiny, Kremlin confirms

Turkey backs down on blocking Sweden's bid to join NATO after Biden lands in Lithuania for the high-stakes summit amid controversy over sending cluster munitions to Ukraine
  • NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg announced the deal on Monday
  • The president landed in the tiny Baltic nation for a two-day NATO summit
  • Biden arrived in Lithuania after talks with King Charles in the United Kingdom

Republicans tear into Biden for admitting the US is low on ammunition after agreeing to send controversial cluster munitions to Ukraine to improve THEIR supplies
  • 'We're low on it,' Biden said about US ammunition during an interview
  • Last week the the administration decided to send Kiev cluster bombs, and insisted they are essential to Ukraine's defenses

Republicans tear into Biden for admitting the US is low on ammunition after agreeing to send controversial cluster munitions to Ukraine to improve THEIR supplies
  • 'We're low on it,' Biden said about US ammunition during an interview
  • Last week the the administration decided to send Kiev cluster bombs, and insisted they are essential to Ukraine's defenses

NATO Divided as Biden Blocks Ukraine's Entry | Vantage with Palki Sharma

Retired General Explains Why Ukraine’s Counteroffensive Is So Behind | WSJ

Off topic:

Prigo's back and happily taking orders from Gerasimov and Shoigu!
I couldn't stop laughing when I saw "highly reliable news-sources, SouthFront" so I didn't finish reading the article.† But if I were Prigozhin, I'd still stay away from windows, stairs, and tea.:D

Putin is probably singing to himself ...

†I lied and actually did read the whole article. I'll bet Finland and Sweden are sorry about joining NATO now.:)

Ukraine will skip step on path to NATO membership – Stoltenberg​

Abandon key treaty with Russia, Lithuania tells NATO​

Nearly half of Poles against immediate Ukrainian NATO membership – poll​

Kissinger falls victim to Russian pranksters posing as Zelensky​

I think Nord Stream has been blown up by US.
Not something to be proud but something necessary to penalize Russia and prevent it from blackmailing Germany.
Now without that blackmail we have Germany fully supporting Ukraine.
I think also Germany knows it but they prefer not to ignore it because now they are free to support Ukraine that is the right thing to do and has more longterm benefits.

I think Nord Stream has been blown up by US.
Not something to be proud but something necessary to penalize Russia and prevent it from blackmailing Germany.
Now without that blackmail we have Germany fully supporting Ukraine.
I think also Germany knows it but they prefer not to ignore it because now they are free to support Ukraine that is the right thing to do and has more longterm benefits.
I agree that the US was the perpetrator, maybe not alone.

I can't agree that there is anything good for Germany blowing up Nordstream.
Germany has nothing now to blackmail Russia or force them to concessions.
The German support for Ukraine is completely wrong as it is currently done as they done have a valuable position anymore. Not for Ukraine and not for Russia.

US companies are paying Russia for the war, not Germany. Germany is paying the US companies.

Did you never have the idea that there must be an agreement between Russia and the US about this war and the timing of it?

Lockheed Martin and Raytheon paid Putin to invade? Interesting theory.
More likely all the criminal minds taking high profits from the vaccination campaigns to avoid to have to answer questions.

Did you never wonder why Russia does never sanction the US?
It would be so easy for Russia to blackmail Biden if they stop delivering nuclear fuel.
But you will never find NPP fuel on any Western sanction lists.
And of course - the US pay for it in a currency that Russia can do something with.

"the North Atlantic bloc is still talking about an 'unprovoked Russian invasion,' while [NATO Secretary General] Jens Stoltenberg admitted that the Alliance had been preparing Ukraine for a conflict since 2014."

Nuclear fuel is not like oil or gas that need a countinuous supply, it can be stockpiled for years.
It goes both way, probably Russian uranium is cheap and convenient for US and represent only a tiny income for Russia.
I dont' think Russia can blackmail US with uranium, US would buy it from Australia or many other places.

Last edited:
I dont' think Russia can blackmail US with uranium, US would buy it from Australia or many other places.
IMO you're complete wrong with this. Russia CAN, but they don't blackmail the US.
If I remember it right, Russia delivers more than 30% to Kasachstan to sell it to Western countries.

Do you remember these news?

Others:

Also intersting that the Kasakhstan numbers broke out in 2021 - before the war - while Russia's went slightly down

Ben Wallace warns president Zelensky that 'people want to see gratitude' from Ukraine for the military aid it has received to fight Russia with Defence Secretary saying the West is 'not Amazon'
  • Biden administration has also told Ukraine US 'deserves a degree of gratitude'
  • Ukrainian leader expressed his frustration at slow progress of Nato membership