Ukraine invasion

It is still dificult to understand these events but IMO now Prigozhin and Lukashenko are stronger than before, while Putin Shoigu and Gerasimov are weaker.

Last edited:
A non-partisan research post - London
---------------------------------------------------
PETER HITCHENS: I have seen a putsch in Moscow when I was there in 1991 and I pray there will never be another. You should too

But there is trouble to come. Putin surely cannot now leave Prigozhin unpunished. And what should we think and hope for? Since I lived there I am stuck for life with a sympathy for Russia’s people, so I am relieved that they have been spared another civil war. But even if you do not mind about that, remember Erasmus’s warning from the 16th Century, which we now express as ‘Better the devil you know…

'Putin has never been so humiliated and weak': Russia experts say strongman president has been reduced to a bystander after begging Lukashenko to negotiate truce with Wagner leader Prigozhin

Update from Ukraine | The Failed Military Coup in Ruzzia | Debrief | Prigozhyn lost the war

I usually filter out the BS dramatic background music with PulseEffects / now called EasyEffects on a Linux system
Wagner secretly in war in Africa

Last edited:
Putin 'suffered his worst daily air force losses of the war' after Wagner fighters 'killed 39 pilots and crew by downing strike helicopters and military plane' amid Prigozhin's rebellion
  • He faces expectation to replace top war commanders or face new insurrection
  • Coup leader Prigozhin agreed to be based across the border in Belarus - for now

Wagner boss Prigozhin called off his coup after Putin's thugs threatened mercnaries' families, UK security sources believe - as Kremlin insists 'no mutineers will face charges'
  • Members would be offered contracts with regular Russian forces, it was claimed
  • Family members of Wagner's chiefs also 'threatened by Russia's secret service'

'Either Prigozhin is already dead or a cup of hot polonium tea awaits him in Minsk': Stark analysis of Wagner chief's future with his location still unknown and mutiny charges NOT dropped… as Putin makes NO mention of mutiny in first public comments
  • Yevgeny Prigozhin on Saturday called off Wagner's attempted coup on Putin
  • He has struck a deal that will see him exiled in Belarus with no repercussions
  • Analysts say he will likely be killed and criminal charges against him remain open

I think the winner here is Lukashenko.
Now he has a new friend with a real competitive army.
Ukraine got rid of 25k enemies without firing a single round. (y)

Putin makes NO mention of mutiny in first public comments
Denial strategy, something very typical of Putin.
There is no Ukraine.
There is no invasion.
There is no mutiny.

Of course everything is going accorting to the plan.
The point is finding out which plan!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Wagner chief says his march on Moscow 'was a master class' on how Ukrainian invasion should have looked and insists he never set out to overthrow Putin but to prevent Kremlin taking control of his mercenary army
  • Yevgeny Prigozhin on Saturday called off the Wagner group's march on Moscow
  • On Monday he said the uprising was to 'prevent the destruction of Wagner PMC'
  • Prigozhin expressed disgust for Russian military's handling of the war in Ukraine

PMC Wagner military coup in Russia: Prigozhin's fighters wreak havoc
See more at https://english.pravda.ru/news/russia/156914-pmc_wagner_prigozhin_coup/

Military coup over: Prigozhin orders PMC Wagner columns to return to field camps
See more at https://english.pravda.ru/news/russia/156917-wagner_coup_over/

Now for Putin's revenge: Russian dictator vows to hunt down Wagner chiefs who led coup and claims Ukraine and the West had role in armed mutiny during new TV statement

Wagner chief 'frantically tried to call Putin en route to Moscow after realising he had gone too far and did not have support within Russian army - but Vladimir refused to speak to him'
  • Prigozhin tried to contact the Kremlin directly on day of attempted mutiny
  • Putin 'didn't want to speak to him and was reluctant to engage in negotiations'

Vladimir Putin's fall could lead to a rogue nuclear state controlled by Russia's equivalent of the Sopranos, writes EDWARD LUCAS

Who are the members of Putin's inner circle…and just how loyal are they? From warlords to ministers, the select few Vladimir still trusts following Wagner 'mutiny' - but for how much longer?
  • After Wagner's averted mutiny, Putin will have awkward questions for many of his top allies in the Kremlin
  • Those in charge of security in particular will come under intense scrutiny for their failure to warn the Kremlin of Wagner's threat, and to stop their advance on Moscow over the weekend