Trading with point and figure

dog zone starts at 7336..there now
bulls need to keep it above 7300..ish
could get a hammering down to 7260

dow into the open

35be6ol.gif

G'day,

Ftse still looking bullish....held the line well yesterday at 7270ish. Possible move to 7370, further upside may be limited.... imho caution creeping in in the PA.

Oil WTI started to build a swing long on yesterday lows around 4890...could go lower I know but....this is a long term trade with a small stake so not unduly bothered and will only add increments if further opportunities exist. WTI could test 46-47 so need to be ready for that. OPEC et al are likely to try and move markets after tasting the fruits of oil @55 I think...then there's geopolitical and the USD...overall I think the upside trumps (shouldn't really use that expression these days) downside...long term. Lets see, could be eating humble @37 but that's trading.

Cable - no change on my opinion from yesterday... rangebound in 1.21 - 1.22 zone, all eyes on EUR and USD atm.

Could be talking ********. Lets see.

Aussie having strong sp 0.75, rez 0.77 pivot 0.76. Gone long @0.752....hopefully make pivot and a bit, if 0.75 zone doesn't hold on retests then bailing..

oil

2u4rm7s.gif

51.00 and above is a real dog

lets see how it handles those pivots

Very good and clear chart Dentist! Thank you. Will need something big to break out the dog area and I think it will bat against 50 for a while. How it handles it will depend on the movers and shakers conviction/agenda etc but hopefully the clues will be there.

As an aside imho there seems to be less faking going on in oil....it either goes one way or t'other!

Nice numbers NFP 235k

January job gain raised from 227K to 238K.
December job gain lowered from 157K to 155K.
On the news, index futures added to their premarket gains. The dollar dropped; gold rallied.
These are strong numbers, and raising rates is no longer a catch-22. In the past strong numbers increased the odds rates would be raised, something Wall Street didn’t want. There was active discussion surround the desire for a weaker economy and lower rates or a stronger economy and higher rates. Lower rates were cheered, but not now. Rates are moving up, so Wall Street cheers a strong jobs report.
Long term I like the market. Short term I’m not very enthused.

http://leavittbrothers.com/blog/index.php/2017/03/10/before-the-open-mar-10-6/