Trading with point and figure

ftse updated
as we said not really bearish

2i9g1k.gif

Only really interested in two areas 10547-10571 and 10634-10670.

if FED do as expected, I'm expecting a pump then dump scenario. Will be watching those areas above to do business in.

Areas did not work yesterday.

Area i'm interested in today/monday: 10579-10552

a s yet ..there is no real bearish momentum
2 weeks ago...it came in about 3pm ..ish
clue...watch for break of support...that became rez...2 weeks ago
2170 area break ..then that becomes rez
then down to 2164 area..if that becomes rez ...watch carefully
dax and ftse should follow

a s yet ..there is no real bearish momentum
2 weeks ago...it came in about 3pm ..ish
clue...watch for break of support...that became rez...2 weeks ago
2170 area break ..then that becomes rez
then down to 2164 area..if that becomes rez ...watch carefully
dax and ftse should follow
zip..straight into our 2170
will that hold ?

Week Ahead: Data, Events & Earnings Preview / Highlights - 26 to 30 September 2016 - ADM ISI

The Week Ahead - Bullet point highlights: 26 to 30 September 2016

- A busier week for economic data features US Durable Goods, Personal Income/PCE, New & Pending Home Sales, Consumer Confidence & Chicago PMI and final Q2 GDP; the latter also features in the UK, which also uses lending & monetary aggregates and Nationwide House Prices; Inflation data from Germany, France, Spain, Italy & Eurozone is due as are German Retail Sales and Unemployment; Japan sees Industrial Production, CPI, & Retail Sales, China has PMIs (Caixin & NBS and Industrial Profits.

- There are no major central bank meetings, but there are an absolute flood of Fed and ECB speakers, and BoE's Forbes is also on hand. The Fed speak will be particularly interesting after Rosengren's unprecedented statement explaining his dissent so quickly after the FOMC decision (see below)

- IEF forum in Algeria forms the focal point for the oil market, though EIA and API inventories will also be closely be watched.

- Govt bond supply sees the US sell 2, 5 & 7-yr, the UK offers £400 Mln I-L 2052, Netherlands EUR 1.25 Bln 2037, Italy sells up to EUR 3.0 Bln total of 2-yr CTZs and I-L 2032 BTPei, as well as an as yet unspecified volume of conventional BTPs, while Germany sells 2-yr and Japan sells 2 and 40-yr.

Marc Ostwald
Strategist
ADM Investor Services International