Trading with point and figure

dax 1 min
not too bearish ..as yet
9970 is a pivot area

2vxiqyw.jpg

Agreed, it needs a little cooking time. :)

Short on Dow @ 17850 prepared to hold this for some decent points if poss.

Attachments

• 13 4.00.png
    13 4.00.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 48
For those users of my P&F test app, the public test site code has just been updated, a summary;
  • The primary new thing is the fact you can now properly display hours/days/months/years in a plot.
  • A tooltip is added on all X/O cells to show the datetime that the specific movement was logged.
  • Bugs fixed and better debugging info added.
  • Support for Yahoo data uploads.
  • Additional currencies added upon request ;)

Behind the scenes the code has undergone a fundamental rewrite;
  • Now new boxes are created dynamically, so we're basically ready for realtime data to be fed in :)
  • Logarithmic/percentage box sizing code has been added in (and amazingly works in some instances) but it's a bit flakey tbh so not fully ready yet.
  • Rudimentary P&F pattern matching is done and works pretty well, i.e. Double Top, Triple Top, etc...

I'm planning to finish the logarithmic box sizes, then add in some code for marking support/resistance and then ...the usability of the plotting for larger charts/plots.

:smart:

For those users of my P&F test app, the public test site code has just been updated, a summary;
  • The primary new thing is the fact you can now properly display hours/days/months/years in a plot.
  • A tooltip is added on all X/O cells to show the datetime that the specific movement was logged.

• Now new boxes are created dynamically, so we're basically ready for realtime data to be fed in :)
  • Logarithmic/percentage box sizing code has been added in (and amazingly works in some instances) but it's a bit flakey tbh so not fully ready yet.
  • Rudimentary P&F pattern matching is done and works pretty well, i.e. Double Top, Triple Top, etc...

I'm planning to finish the logarithmic box sizes, then add in some code for marking support/resistance and then ...the usability of the plotting for larger charts/plots.

That is brilliant, a great effort and generous to be sharing it. Thank you.

Love the error message F2 :)

If only all apps errored this way, life would be so much jolli-er (y)

Point and Figure - Error...
Oooopps looks like [my amazing] P&F application has errored! But don't worry because an error report is already winging its way to me (f2calv) and I'll be implementing a fix shortly! :)

In the meantime please grab a cup of tea and try again later, or alternatively just don't "do" what you just did!?!

It does work a treat. Trying out spx500 and eur/usd. Really useful seeing key R/S levels in one place on two different charts.

Many thanks :)