Trading with point and figure

whoosh

Cac looking reasonably perky. I'm now thinking about the 6025 area for a TP. Changed the inputs slightly to 2.5 x 3 - a bit more clarity than 5x3 and less noise than 1 x 3.
CAC_200123_09h35_2.5x3.png

Morning all, a question for Sir Canta': What charting software are you using there?

Morning there!

I'm not using any dedicated software atm. This a Finsa trading platform called Corespreads. You'll find the same charts used by a number of different brands. The principal downside is more the absence of a squared background with fixed dimensions which frequently means that my estimation of a 45° angle for trends is way off.....I used to fret about this until Dentist started doing this stuff in his head and relegating p&f charting to a more minor role - confirmation tool etc etc.

There's also much less functionality than BEB but that's not something I miss as I'm still very much a learner and part-timer.

Morning there!

I'm not using any dedicated software atm. This a Finsa trading platform called Corespreads. You'll find the same charts used by a number of different brands. The principal downside is more the absence of a squared background with fixed dimensions which frequently means that my estimation of a 45° angle for trends is way off.....I used to fret about this until Dentist started doing this stuff in his head and relegating p&f charting to a more minor role - confirmation tool etc etc.

There's also much less functionality than BEB but that's not something I miss as I'm still very much a learner and part-timer.
Thanks C, I'm a bit disappointed with ProRealTime's P&F offering and I'm looking for alternatives

Thanks C, I'm a bit disappointed with ProRealTime's P&F offering and I'm looking for alternatives
There is a bit of choice out there. MoneyLender used to swear by (and at) Cute p&f and more recently Gizmo reminded me taht Stockcharts have a reasonable real-time offer, I think. I reckon Dentist is a lot more knowledgeable in that department....the fact that he's been using BEB since dinosaurs walked the earth should tell you something.

Le Stop il est maintenant +10 à 6000. You might well be right and I'm being too greedy with the 25 zone....
As usual, you woz right. It's looking like 15 would be snesible with the way the Dax et al are looking. The Cac is a bit sensitive to quite a bit of the things that are happening atm with constituents such as LVMH and Airbus...Donald and Corona might stuff them both up short term.