Trading with point and figure

price moved into 9800 res area at 7.21am
note how downtrend after got burnt out..then we got long signal
price back into 9800 area...then short signal//consecutive double bottoms...and back in..stopped out for a great run
good dump and a bounce to prev supp/res..purple horizontal

dax updated chart
in supp area
close plot
2lc9s1h.gif

Mr D a question - I'm working on code to create the P&F data from raw data.

I see on http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis:pnf_charts:pnf_basics they talk about 4 different types of calculating box sizes.

• Traditional - which just seems a very old-fashioned to me...
  • Percentage
  • Dynamic (ATR)
  • User-Defined

Looking at the Traditional sizing method, is there ever an occasion when the box size changes on a single chart? i.e.
20.00 to 100, box size = 1.00
100 to 200, box size = 2.00
So if the price range is from lets say 20.00 to 140 - some of the chart is based on a box size of 1 and the remainder of the chart is based on a box size of 2?

From what I've seen you appear to use mainly User-Defined and occasionally Percentage box sizes, would this be about right? Are there any occasions when you have used Dynamic/ATR based box sizes?

Sorry to ask some probably obvious questions but I'm still waiting on the du plessis book to arrive...

only arithmetic or %log box size
So arithmetic is just user-defined, log-box... this could be getting more complex lol

can you plot close aswell as hilo ??
close really gets rid of rubbish
Yep - I can do hi/lo and close as of this moment.

F2
badly needed
lo/hi plot
not available on Bullseye

Silly question, is the lo/hi is just a lo/hi plot flipped? More details in the du plessis book I'm guessing?

So arithmetic is just user-defined, log-box... this could be getting more complex lol

Yep - I can do hi/lo and close as of this moment.k

Silly question, is the lo/hi is just a lo/hi plot flipped? More details in the du plessis book I'm guessing?
No...in the book
%log...ytake the log of the number and increase that number by percentage.ie 0.5%