Trading with point and figure

FTSE

Screenshot_4.png

Greetings, your Grace...

I've been doing non-trading stuff but have also been looking at substitutes for BEB - still no word from Carl after 3 months and a dozen or so emails.

I have recently discovered Fineco, whoh ave a very good banking offer for multi-currency accounts and also happen to operate a brokerage arm - both being accessible through the same platform which, incidentally, is Java based and runs on any OS without requiring gymnastics.

Surprise, surprise - they have also included p&f chart views with a moderately useful level of functionality. I went along to one of their open days yesterday and and found myself talking to the Product manager who appears to double as UK project manager - I explained about my interest in p&f and he was at pains to explain that they are in the middle of upgrading the functionality for their charting and that they are aware of the likes of BEB and Updata etc and tat we can expect improvements in the not too distant future.

I have signed up (no min deposit) to get access to the banking side and might do some trial CFD trading shortly ( they also do futures etc etc) but in the meantime here below is a sample of the current p&f charting for EG - not great but useable:)

I'm long from .8515 looking for circa .86 - stop in the money.Fineco_EURGBP15_190403_09h33_3wks.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings, your Grace...

I've been doing non-trading stuff but have also been looking at substitutes for BEB - still no word from Carl after 3 months and a dozen or so emails.

I have recently discovered Fineco, whoh ave a very good banking offer for multi-currency accounts and also happen to operate a brokerage arm - both being accessible through the same platform. Surprise, surprise - they have also included p&f chart views with a moderately useful level of functionality. I went along to one of their open days yesterday and and found myself talking to the Product manager who appears to double as UK project manager - I explained about my interest in p&f and he was at pains to explain that they are in the middle of upgrading the functionality for their charting and that they are aware of the likes of BEB and Updata etc
great stuff
post some charts

Sir Canta...good to hear from you
as you might have seen i have been doing alot of work over last few months on transferring the p/f method on to bar charts

mt4
you can draw angled trenndlines/45 degs
and subjective trendlines
add in horizontal lines

add 45 deg lines from a top/bottom and any reaction point.ie p/b or retrace
then add any subjective trendline
add any horizontal for pivots/ breakouts

Sir Canta...good to hear from you
as you might have seen i have been doing alot of work over last few months on transferring the p/f method on to bar charts

it transfers well.....if you know what you are looking for

Indeed, I have been checking in regularly to see what you've been doing and had kind of worked out what you're up to...that said, I'm so far behind you on the learning curve that I'm going to stick with p&f until I'm properly marinated. I think that Fineco might turn out to be a good place for me as they already do everything that I personally want from a bank and brokerage - except maybe options, but I gather they'll probably be included in a year or so. I'm not in a hurry ;-)

As to your bar chart method: I do get what you're saying and coincidentally I have started to use bar charts again after my 30 year lay off. I used to think that candlesticks were better for clarity but I've been gradually coming round to the realisation that however great they are for other folk they haven't really improved anything for me.

With a little luck ( and the end of my current contract:cry:) I'll start contributing again here in the near future. Incidentally, did ML get in touch with you? I haven't noticed any posts from him since he fell off the edge last year.

candlesticks take up too much space...keep to bars
we are not concerned whether its red or green...we want the trends