pivot area @12030/aqua
see what happens at test of 12120 trend rez area

i was fiddling with 6 and 8point box sizes...seemed right
then always double check with %log box sizes
then see which one gives the better feel

i was fiddling with 6 and 8point box sizes...seemed right
then always double check with %log box sizes
then see which one gives the better feel

I've been going in the other direction - I had started off by using log scale almost exclusively with 15m x 3 for 2wks and 5m x 3 for a couple of days but recently I've been playing about with different combinations and it's surprising just how different things can look with a tweak or two. It's tempting to call it curve fitting but for me it's finding the right lens to get the picture into focus. Of course, it still means that you have to make the right decisions afterwards....which I'm still pretty crap at:D

I've been going in the other direction - I had started off by using log scale almost exclusively with 15m x 3 for 2wks and 5m x 3 for a couple of days but recently I've been playing about with different combinations and it's surprising just how different things can look with a tweak or two. It's tempting to call it curve fitting but for me it's finding the right lens to get the picture into focus. Of course, it still means that you have to make the right decisions afterwards....which I'm still pretty crap at:D

not quite

if you think you have got the right feel of the price action.ie the inputs
it will play out exactly
however...if you are out a bit...then you have nearly the right box size/reversal

this is what I find the most tricky. Cute pnf doesn't allow % box sizes so I'm using a variation of box sizes, reversals and time frames

As I'm using the HiLo method, by changing timeframe, it sometimes gives conflicting signals. Maybe I'm zooming into too low time frames.

this is what I find the most tricky. Cute pnf doesn't allow % box sizes so I'm using a variation of box sizes, reversals and time frames

As I'm using the HiLo method, by changing timeframe, it sometimes gives conflicting signals. Maybe I'm zooming into too low time frames.

there is a way round that

mark trends
supp/rez on cute pnf
on say 15 min data
you will need to find the lookback period.ie how many data points you are loading

if you go to 1 min and load data from midnight...then you will be able to get in close to the price movement as p/f takes up alot of screen space...far more than candles