Trading with point and figure

ger30-m1-ig-group-limited.png

Closed my short at 12548 limit. Total 39 big points from the tight range. TIght range meant tight stops which meant higher stake.

Can someone please help explain this to me as I still don't get it. The below chart is 1m data Box 4 and Rev 2
We're in an X column and the price has clearly gone into the the next box up. My understanding is that the High price needs to move anywhere into the next box for it to register an X. Why is there no X in the below chart? It's been like this for well over 5 minutes

ger30-m1-ig-group-limited.png

no sign of a break of trend on dax....trend is still up
12673 to 12700 is a horizontal rez

higher line is 12738 area

data from 15/03
12738-12826..a mass of horizintal rez
12622-12654 is prev rez area

Attachments

• DAX 240.png
    DAX 240.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Morning all

Inzieman, yes it is, when the green box is drawn the price is ascending, the low is ignored cos when it was achieved the green box had not been drawn or activated.

Can someone please help explain this to me as I still don't get it. The below chart is 1m data Box 4 and Rev 2
We're in an X column and the price has clearly gone into the the next box up. My understanding is that the High price needs to move anywhere into the next box for it to register an X. Why is there no X in the below chart? It's been like this for well over 5 minutes

For a new "x" to be drawn the price has to hit the upper boundary of the box, not the lower boundary. Unlike the x drawing the o drawing will be fulfilled when the price reaches the lower boundary of the "o" box. A good synergy is x= filling a glass of water and "o" box = emptying a glass.