Trading with point and figure

Just to confirm, are the charts you use got the dax being a box size of 8 points and reversal of 3. What confuses me is when you then say 15 min data. I thought point and figure charts are time independent

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just to confirm, are the charts you use got the dax being a box size of 8 points and reversal of 3. What confuses me is when you then say 15 min data. I thought point and figure charts are time independent

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They are indeed time independent but you still need a time period for the data source. 8 X 3 15min data does work quite well for the Dax. I posted a 5 minute chart this morning and you can use any time period you want from tic up to week or whatever.

This T2W article may help:
http://www.trade2win.com/articles/742-point-figure-charting-part-1-basics

I use a 15M chart usually set at 8x3, although I can and do change those settings sometimes to get the best scenario to determine levels and trends that I am interested in. For entries and exits I use a both a PnF set @ 4x2 AND a tick chart, that way I can pinpoint both exits and enties.

Hope this helps.

I use a 15M chart usually set at 8x3, although I can and do change those settings sometimes to get the best scenario to determine levels and trends that I am interested in. For entries and exits I use a both a PnF set @ 4x2 AND a tick chart, that way I can pinpoint both exits and enties.

Hope this helps.

Have you got real time on Cute p&f?

Here is a close up of DAX today showing the main moves, I like to get at least two attempts at a "level" before I trade it, but all rules are there to be broken!

27zix68.jpg

Now I am confused, I expected it to stop @ 12225, small over shoot now back to 220

Maybe the brokers are reading this board.

21756 to 21777 rez marked
21786 the high....must improve...lol

250 pips a day....take rest of week off

I'm waaaay ahead of you. I'm confused almost all the time.

Still got my 220 longs and added a couple more at 195. I'll take 232... if I can get it:)

Hmmm. Now fully hedged and have cunningly locked in an average loss of 20 pips per lot until it clambers back up:)

Those three gold break down levels will all be res on the way up, as well as the coloured levels, if thats the way we go.