Trading with point and figure

didnt expect this drop, still dollar related.

9knfbc.jpg

Stopped out my whole Long position on the way down. Turned a good unrealised profit into a muuuuuch more modest real one(n)

Now long again a couple at 340

Stopped out my whole Long position on the way down. Turned a good unrealised profit into a muuuuuch more modest real one(n)

Now long again a couple at 340

Pyramiding is the wrong strategy in a choppy market
Really only for a trending market where yu add on retrace

Don't sit thru a retrace on your trade........very stresssful
Use %log box size and place stop X%. Away

The dollar index this morning is down -0.163 (-0.17%) at a 1-year. EUR/USD is up +0.0013 (+0.11%) at a 1-3/4 year high and USD/JPY is down -0.39 (-0.35%) at a 3-week low. Thursday's closes: Dollar index -0.516 (-0.54%), EUR/USD +0.0116 (+1.01%), USD/JPY -0.06 (-0.05%). The dollar index on Thursday tumbled to an 11-month low and closed lower on strength in EUR/USD which soared to a 23-month high on speculation the ECB will soon begin tapering QE when ECB President Draghi said the Governing Council "will reassess" their stimulus in the fall. The dollar was also undercut by the White House political turmoil.

Stop should be stepped.....not trailed

Appreciate everything you say.

Only had one trailer and that went a couple of days ago. The others were fixed.

Still got 3 figures out of it but it should have been 3 to 4 times that in view of the length of time I held it and how high Daxie got.

I got it into my head that we were going much further north again before revisiting antarctica and was trying to get the chart to reassure me rather than accepting that I didn't have a clue what was going on.

Ah well 'tis only money, after all:mad:

Now just watching....still got my 2 at 340