Trading tips

Erral

I don’t trade as much as I like to perhaps because of a little fear I think. Does anybody perhaps know where I can get a trading tip each day which could perhaps help me trade more and in turn maybe boost my confidence a little

chump said:
Tony,
There are those who might mistake that post for cynicism , but I just know it was an open question... ;) LOL

Given all four of bernie123's posts ahve contained a plug for a certain site (mentioned above) I'm not entirely surprised, I am openly questioning myself :)

pratbh said:
[Off topic] A rather interesting thread on a Moneytec's strategy focum, reportedly 100% winning. I didn't understand some aspects of it. Perhaps you guys ought to have a look?

I'm with you. I've been reading that thread for some time and I also don't understand "some aspects" of it. :)

Erral said:
I don’t trade as much as I like to perhaps because of a little fear I think. Does anybody perhaps know where I can get a trading tip each day which could perhaps help me trade more and in turn maybe boost my confidence a little

http://innerworth.com/ send daily emails aimed at the psychological aspects of trading. Their 'advisory board' includes Mark Douglas and Ed Seykota amongst others.

Chump, I deleted my post after the mods deleted the response to the initial setup. Apologies. Didn't mean to make you appear deranged (well, any more than you are willing to admit to being). :cool:

I thought the mods might have taken out the 'Erral' post as well, but I suppose that would have left us without a thread at all, which is how some of us feel anyway ...

Erral said:

My trading tip for you...

Buy the book "Trading In The Zone" by Mark Douglas and read it.

It just might help you deal directly with the fear factor and any other psychological hindrance you may have with trading.

You can get an overview of the book on this site with links to a couple of online sellers here:
http://www.trade2win.com/resources/books.php?cat=1&subcat=2

Don't feel bad about it, many traders find fear and other emotions that the didn't think were so strong once they 'put money on the table'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tip: Don't believe anything you read on a bulletin board, no matter how authoritative the author sounds. Always do your own research.

Erral said:

I suggest you buy a book(s) on money management and position sizing which removes much of the fear element generated by not knowing what is going to happen to your trade. Tips could be ok but you need a plan, low risk entry combined with knowing what you stop out is together with the correct sizing to ensure a known maximum capital loss i.e 1%.
"Trade your way to Financial Freedom" by Van K Tharp and Better Stock Trading are the ones I purchased recently and are ok. I prefer the former.
Hope this gives you some thoughts
Regards
Steve