Trading the SPX

This sort of behavoir is what lulls the punters into a false sense of security, the perpetual bounce back, nothing to worry about. Then wham!! Tears before bedtime :devilish:

Racer said:
One thing that is very odd, the futures sold off a lot on that revaluation spike up and that was before the London alerts

The daily hit 10747 but by 12:46 they had fallen back about 50 points, the FTSE didn't actually fall until 14:07 on those alerts

Joules MM1 said:
Some panic reactions by the looks. Also tops have subtle signals...quick pull backs followed by clawing back up but on weaker and weaker internals.

It will be buyers pushing it up now cos all the short stops got triggered earlier

Closer to the edge
Higher the intensity
Furher to the edges
allways where I burn to be

Highway to the dangerzone
Going right into the dangerzone.

Joules MM1 said:
Erm...do you feel the need, the need fer speed or have you taken some already? :cheesy:
Amen to that :D

Internals have stalled, that's those lunchtime rallies, never run on a full stomach, bad for the digestion

This revaluation isn't that much is it? And they need not do much more for ages and ages now, and the hope will be taken away.

And it can cause higher costs for US companies and consumers too

Joules MM1 said:
Did you notice the minor divergence in action again today? The DJIND has just posted the higher high in the pattern whereas the SPX has failed the same move.
Yup saw that SPX showing slight relative weakness, but don't know if that is really significant DOW has some catch up to get to the same page.

The minutes show that "all" of the FOMC's voting members saw "continued pressures on inflation."

I need more upside to get into the rest of my short positions, put another shovel full of coal on engineer.

And now FTSE is all oils, well a lot of big weights on it, wonder how that will go down !