Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Here's a nice euro trade. I would take this one (already below the 5m 60sma) when it broke the 60m 60sma by awaiting the bounce back towards the 60m and 5m smas. It would have been a lovely trade.

Attachments

• eur.gif
    eur.gif
    48.3 KB · Views: 257
Hello again Nine,

Is there a pic of 3 ducks on your chart? It looks like it! :cheesy:

Kind Regards,

Attachments

• t2w.jpg
    t2w.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 706
LOL ... If you'd like ... 3+3+3 = a perfect trade.

Instead of worrying about making money I worry about getting a 3 for that perfect system entry, a 3 for placing the stop and target, and a 3 for managing the trade. Lots of nines on a good day (I got 4 eights and a nine today :))

Hi Jacinto,

Thank you for replying. This trade has been taken solely based on the 3 ducks. 165.50 is resistance and a break up would invoke a long according to CC's strategy.

The 4hr paints a different picture which i have attached. A 4hr bear and now inside bar forming...a move is certainly on its way.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• eurjpy.png
    eurjpy.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 212
Do you play the Yen pairs much with this strat guide of yours Cap’t?

Swinging in with the momentum has paid good dividends this year on the European pairs v/s Yen. Your 5min trigger has certainly not only signalled decent entries, but allowed quite cheap risk parameters to be set on occasion, a big luxury indeed with those pairs.

One of the girls (on the other site) noted a couple decent mini trend continuation entries on the post payrolls action on both pairs, according to your signals.

Geppy especially, since leaving that irksome upside barrier of 234.50 in it’s wake, has stair-stepped nicely alongside your 60/5m guides.

Was just wondering if you latch onto those type of trades which offer decent (potential) continuation set up’s. A few obvious benefits to be derived from that practice I shouldn't wonder ;)

I’ve noticed the tendancy of the m.a’s to hug the hourly chart when prices begin behaving well on their peak/trough journey. I’d imagine it’s a pleasure to hang onto those trades when they begin stirring?

Although today’s Euro/$ trade was a green light & a good one based on the mornings lazy activity, those Yen opp’s on Friday might have presented tastier opportunities? Just curious.

Hi Jacinto,

Thank you for replying. This trade has been taken solely based on the 3 ducks. 165.50 is resistance and a break up would invoke a long according to CC's strategy.

The 4hr paints a different picture which i have attached. A 4hr bear and now inside bar forming...a move is certainly on its way.

Let me know what you think.

no worries S, how about i post my chart in the currency thread, such that i dont invade this thread?

Apologies to the followers of this method, i should not have posted here, as i dont use this method.

Do you play the Yen pairs much with this strat guide of yours Cap’t?

IS THE POPE A CATHOLIC?

Hello Ampro,

Yes, I do like to "take advantage" of the Yen. I normally have a 20/30 pips stop on usd.jpy, cause if your wrong, your wrong!

Kind Regards,

no worries S, how about i post my chart in the currency thread, such that i dont invade this thread?

Apologies to the followers of this method, i should not have posted here, as i dont use this method.

Hello Jacinto,

No worries.

Kind Regards,

IS THE POPE A CATHOLIC?

Based on statistical norms and other fundamental data to date, my understanding is that there is a more than strong chance that he probably might be :)

Paul

IS THE POPE A CATHOLIC?
Well now that all depends on which Pope you are referring to! :LOL:

He could be coptic, greek orthodox or a couple of others whose denominations/religions elude me at present.

Perhaps a better question might be does a bear sh*t in the woods?

Of course then you'd have to wonder about pet bears, bears in zoos and the dancing bears of China........hhhmmmmmm

How about is a frogs ar*e water tight? It probably is one direction but not so much the other direction.......hhhmmmm

I give up......

Hello all,

Looks like cable is getting pulled into the 4hr 60ama, it has'nt been under this in a few weeks. Maybe we will start to get sell signs on the pair when everything is lined up in the same direction.

Attachments

• t2w.jpg
    t2w.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 230
Looks like cable is getting pulled into the 4hr 60ama, it has'nt been under this in a few weeks. Maybe we will start to get sell signs on the pair when everything is lined up in the same direction.
I hope nobody jumped the gun and have tweaked the longer term to a shorter timeframe. If so, they just got burned on 08:20 bar. Their problem I know.

Although I'm not trading your system as is, I have added the 60 SMA to my charts (well...you can't ever have too much of a good thing). Wont clutter your thread with my stuff, but I've got 300 as major Support today and it looks like it's having trouble getting past 325. Certainly looks like it's feeling there's no pressure to do so looking at the oscillators.

Hello Traders,

Bit of a CHOPPY day today. I was almost counting the pips when usd.jpy gave a green light at 117.25. A few others gave a signal, but nothing special.
Earlier today sterling was getting a bit of pressure put on it, eur up a bit on sterling and the usd took a run down south against sterling, the move was short lived as support at 2.0275 and below held.

Attachments

• t2w.jpg
    t2w.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 229
Cable short

CC,

Why did you discount entry and stop loss that I have highlighted with purple lines and circled in yellow?

Is this owing to the subjectivity of the 3 ducks?

Attachments

• ccable.png
    ccable.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 223
Hello Smbtnt,

Well spotted! I suppose what I would have been looking for was a close under 2.0327 to get me ready. If I was looking at your level and it closed under them, yes I probably would have took the trade and lost 25ish pips. I think the bit I like about this strat is the positive RvR and knowing when your wrong. I think if I was to take your "purple" trade and prices got back above the 5min sma (like they did) - I would have been looking for the exit door and jumped ship before my stop was hit.

Kind Regards.