Spread betting at FXCM

Hi steelhead,

The settlement between FXCM and the CFTC was anticipated and previously disclosed on August 11, 2011, during FXCM’s Second Quarter Earnings Conference Call. At that time, the company established a reserve of $16 million in anticipation of the fines associated with the CFTC ($6 million) and the NFA ($2 million) settlements as well as restitution ($8,261,937) credited to affected clients. To date, the NFA fine has been paid and restitution to affected clients has been credited. The NFA and CFTC fines as well as restitution are all covered under that reserve, resulting in no negative impact to the net income of FXCM Inc.

Our full statement can be found here FXCM US Reaches Settlement with the CFTC for $6 Million.

- Jason

Attention Holiday Trading Hours: 24 Nov. - 25 Nov.

FXCM would like to notify you that forex trading hours will be normal on Thursday, 24 November - Friday, 25 November in observance of the United States Thanksgiving Day holiday.

Trading hours will change on Thursday, 24 November - Friday, 25 November for some CFD trading instruments.

The times listed below show the change to CFD trading instruments in GMT.

thanksgivingcfd2011.png

For additional trading-related updates, please visit FXCM Platform Status.

New Extended Forex Trading Hours: Starting this Friday December 9th, FXCM will close trading at approximately 5pm ET (22:00 GMT) giving you an additional hour to place trades and/or manage your risk. Please note that spreads may be wider between 4PM ET and 5PM ET because there are fewer liquidity providers offering prices during that time. Trading will continue to open on Sundays between 5PM and 5:15pm ET.

A reminder that FXCM will have special holiday hours this weekend and next for both trading and customer support. Here's a list of the holiday hours (all times are Eastern New York time; +5 for GMT):

fxcmholidayhours2011en.gif

Certain CFD products will also experience modified trading hours, and the information can be found in the attached images.

I will be away from the forums through January 3rd so this will likely be my last post until then. If you need immediate assistance, please do not hesitate to contact FXCM customer support by phone, chat, or email, and I will reply to any questions once I get back. Thanks to everyone for visiting the thread in 2011, and I look forward to being back in 2012.

Happy Holidays!

-Jason

Attachments

• FXCM CFD Hours Dec 23 - Dec 27.png
    FXCM CFD Hours Dec 23 - Dec 27.png
    283.7 KB · Views: 185
  • FXCM CFD Hours Dec 30 - Jan3.png
    FXCM CFD Hours Dec 30 - Jan3.png
    291 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Just closed my FXCM account. Last week, the PC based platform was dire. 15 seconds to amend a stoploss, 3-5 seconds to execute an order is just not on. Delays led to frustration and losses.

Have switched my funds back to SLM/GKFX. Receiving instant execution, don't know why I put up with FXCM for so long.

Just closed my FXCM account. Last week, the PC based platform was dire. 15 seconds to amend a stoploss, 3-5 seconds to execute an order is just not on. Delays led to frustration and losses.

Have switched my funds back to SLM/GKFX. Receiving instant execution, don't know why I put up with FXCM for so long.

But will execution still be instant if/when you start making money?:

Hi Simon,

Which platform were you using and was tech support able to investigate why this was occurring on your setup?

Jason

FXCM has released a new platform for the iPad which can be found in the iTunes store and the Android market for Android tablets. In the weeks ahead, MT4 traders on the upgraded MT4 without the 3rd party bridge will be able to login to the mobile platform on their mobile device or tablet to access MT4 accounts.

We're hoping to add indicators and more charting options in the next app release, and please let us know any additional feedback you have about the new iPad and Android platform. Here are some screenshots of the app:

ipadapp3.jpg

Hi Simon,

Which platform were you using and was tech support able to investigate why this was occurring on your setup?

Jason

It was your PC based platform. Yes, tech support have investigated in the past and I have given them trade ticket references, but they were at a loss to explain. The problems come and go. Sometimes execution is satisfactory, sometimes it is completely unusable.

But to be honest, trading is hard enough without being a guinea pig for a platform that doesn't work.

Having worked on the trading floor for banks in the past, I can tell you that traders don't want to hear excuses or expend time and energy, distracting their thought processes, helping tech support to diagnose faulty software.

The fact that another broker's MT4 platform gives me instant fills, instant stoploss amendments and instant closes should be enough to tell you I am happy elsewhere.

It was your PC based platform. Yes, tech support have investigated in the past and I have given them trade ticket references, but they were at a loss to explain. The problems come and go. Sometimes execution is satisfactory, sometimes it is completely unusable.

But to be honest, trading is hard enough without being a guinea pig for a platform that doesn't work.

Having worked on the trading floor for banks in the past, I can tell you that traders don't want to hear excuses or expend time and energy, distracting their thought processes, helping tech support to diagnose faulty software.

The fact that another broker's MT4 platform gives me instant fills, instant stoploss amendments and instant closes should be enough to tell you I am happy elsewhere.

Perhaps this may explain

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...tor-virtual-dealer-other-plugins-setting.html

I'm well aware of the MT4 virtual dealer plugin, but this was FXCM's own platform. Needless to say, it is easy to build the same functionality into a proprietary platform too.

It does make me wonder how a representative of FXCM can post on this thread as though everything's fine and dandy when another thread has made some damning accusations, re: the lawsuit.

Last edited:
I'm well aware of the MT4 virtual dealer plugin, but this was FXCM's own platform. Needless to say, it is easy to build the same functionality into a proprietary platform too.

It does make me wonder how a representative of FXCM can post on this thread as though everything's fine and dandy when another thread has made some damning accusations, re: the lawsuit.

any representative of broker is a spin doctor

his/her obligation is to paint a rosy picture of service

better not to discuss with them but with fellow traders

just state facts and draw a bottom line with your general opinion

regards.........

Hi Simon,

I'm sorry to hear that but we will do our best to help any trader one on one with an issue they are having, even if it requires one-on-one assistance from technical support. If the software was faulty, I believe we would have many more traders of 160,000+ active accounts on our platform commenting the same.

I wish you all the best with your trading, and if there is every anything I can do to help please let me know.

Jason

any representative of broker is a spin doctor

his/her obligation is to paint a rosy picture of service

better not to discuss with them but with fellow traders

just state facts and draw a bottom line with your general opinion

regards.........

Hi Als,

I can understand it's easy to be skeptical, and then again it's easy to post opinions anonymously on a forum. We're here to help our traders with any problems they encounter, answer questions and gather feedback on how to improve our services, and you can view our track record over the past 2+ years on the forums. If there's a problem we'll work to get it fixed and resolve the issue rather than standing back and hoping our traders come to us.

-Jason

CFD Trading Hours for January 16, 2012

Please be aware of changes to certain CFD trading hours due to a bank holiday on Monday. Forex trading hours are unchanged and trading will open at the normal time of 22:00 GMT on Sunday. There's no rollover for any forex currency pairs as it was taken into account on Wednesday.

cfdholidayhours11320121.png