somebody trade euribor boxes?

i'm afraid you're going to have to be clearer when asking your questions here. what is crazy, and don't just reply with bor.

we trade the conf bund spread

and it very volitale.my question is the euroswiss less crazy?

It wouldn't be a good idea to trade the swiss against the bor (althought it's done) which would be the equivilant of conf v bund. Latter tends to lead the former but there are glaring exceptions.

P.S. No one else on this forum uses post subjects which makes your posts look very weird, it's much easier to follow if you put everything in the message bodies.

The market is so thin at the moment I wouldn’t suggest to trade only 1Instrument such as Euribor, even if you trade outright, boxes, fly’s, double boxes or condors.
The only way to hedge the risk is to try use the above strategies in other instruments as well such as Eurostocks, Eurodollor, Sterling ,etc.

If you are just trading Euribor boxes only, just 1 instrument, if I was u I will be doing outright with S/L and T/P, because even if you see market cycles for the product using CQG or whatever there is no range whatsoever. This depends also in your margins :) if you can afford them.

Finaly in terms of risk:

Box : -1 +3 -3 +1 or 1 -3 +3 1 =Not very volatile (may find ranges)
Double box: -1 +2 0 -2 +1 = Volatile (ranges maybe broken)

Cheerios

thanks.would u say that the bor boxes always come back? and why do u think that the volume is so thin?

i wanted 2 ask alos.r trders in europe get paid only from their profits or they get a sallery also.
and do u have fix costs?

ud555,

going back to your question on previous page, I imagine you'd be looking at between 80p - £1 depending on the arcade your trading at on the volume you are doing. Also depending on what contracts you trade (whites, reds, greens) you will get a small rebate possibly £500pm if your lucky. You really need to be trading at least 20,000 lots to get on liffes slp rebate scheme.

Mainly locals take their salary from their profits but some grad schemes put traders on a small salary then give a percntage of profits as well. Costs are fixed, desk fee, cqg etc but you can never fix your comms as you dont know how much your going to trade in any given month.

thanks lucky.when pepole trading 1*2 boxes,r they keeping them for days or weeks or they try 2 be flat on the end of the day?

It really depends on the market and what your looking for. If your looking for a larger move you will probably have to hold overnight (higher risk/reward) but in current market conditions you can easily be in and out within hours.

Why thin.... because of market uncertainty. Sub prime situation, not a lot of money in the market

Crisis MAN. Crisis I tell u .... LoL (some people always make money) is a zero sum game

Therefore be careful when you trade boxes, ranges can change

In order to asses the volatility you can use standard deviation, or just look at the graph of the instrument and look for sudden movements + Ranges

Best thing is to diversify, more than one product

thanks guys. i started a year ago and i felt the sub prime crisis,but in the last month the bor hardly move.he used 2 be a lot volitale.(sorry for the english).when u say other products,it just for reduce risk right?because if i short 1*2 box at the bor that doesnt mean 2 be long at the eurodollar right?

ud5555,

If you think the bor is quite you should have seen it 2 years ago!! In my book the bor is still an extremely volatile contract with lots of opportunities. It sounds like you are looking at just boxes - why not look at calendars and flys - there's lots going on.

There is a book called Trading STIR Futures: An Introduction to Short-term Interest Rate Futures (Paperback)
This can give u a hand or two...

I also feel like you are confused ud5555 in what is a spread and a box?
What do you mean 1 *2 box (is it a spread? a double box ? or a single box?)

UD5555

Yes I am talking about the spreads, only a psychopathic maniac would be scalping outrights in these markets (although I do take the odd leg or two - or three). For safer trading you have 3 month spreads and 12 month spreads, then there is the flys, the boxes, condors and all sorts of wacky and exciting strategies to play with. As Magos suggested earlier, I strongly recommend you read the book he metioned as you will learn about other strategies and a decent grounding.