Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

I have done and said all I can.
You are wrong and you are misleading everyone else.
MiFID covers all areas of financial markets, including, which is why I brought it up in the first place, price manipulation.
So companies cannot co stop hunting to trigger orders as was suggested.
But you clearly know better than me, so good luck.

The point I am trying (and failing by the sound of it) to make is that you do not need to do any of the above - you simply have to freeze the price - oops our server broke down, sorry about that. No rules broken.

I am not saying that you would stoop to that level though SLM.

I just want folks to know my view that most financial regulation is irrelevant because the institutions are always 10 steps ahead.

I would also like to add though that SLM in particular are a very good MM broker. I find that the variable spreads are not too bad - not as bad as some very respected ECN's (including commission) in my experience.

I also honestly dont think they would manipulate their price to knowingly disadvantage individuals. If they did that regularly, people would walk and they would be out of business.

I think the small number of incidents where their feed has frozen have been rare and I doubt they will make a habit of it.

I also think their requoting is fairly minimal - especially when compared to the re-quote kings alpari UK.

The problem with MIFiD is that it's very much open to interpretation and it's almost impossible to 'prove' anything. In the early days of internet trading SBs could get away with playing a few tricks, but nowadays I think they do their best to be fair. There's so much competition that if they don't, all the customers will soon vanish.

Spreads can't really get any tighter now, so I think the main improvement possible would be to make SB's reponsible for their mistakes, not their clients.

This EA works in a similar why just remember to add extra digit so 20 is 200

Attachments

• ManageTPv2-4.mq4
    5.9 KB · Views: 212
Break Even EA - basic but it won't let you add a TS but does what it says lol

Blessing EA - tried it but needs more time to try out so have a go

Attachments

• BreakEvenExpert_v1.mq4
    3.1 KB · Views: 200
  • blessing_3_v3.9.4.ex4
    145.2 KB · Views: 227
  • blessing_3_v3.7_manual.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,185
This a spread tool to add as an indicator

Only downside its big and if you set 1.5 for SLM EUR/USD it shows 1.5 on all if you use on other pairs but shows the spread on all pairs. 1.5 is displayed as 15

Attachments

• 4xSpread.ex4
    7.5 KB · Views: 221
Spreads are good on SLM

http://youtu.be/C0yA74d_EMg

Dukascopy is better but then you pay commissions

SLM seem to be the best on Spread Bet if you take the companies whole package of Execution and Customer Service

FXCM are the widest but in the spread your paying for all the extras they give within there platform

Hello

There seems to be a lot of scaremongering going on by some people.
Any spread betting company, or any financial trading company, that is regulated by the FSA also is bound by MiFID (look it up on Google). This means that they would be breaking the law and would be fined if they carried out the practises you are suggesting.
I can assure you that this does not go on here and certainly never has wherever I have worked including City Index and ODL.

Regards

Paul
SLM

If you took ther time to read the posts properly you would see that I did not suggest them.

Interesting EA http://en.luktom.biz/Page/447/luktom-visual-order-editor

Been testing a view EA's but one thing to be careful of is that to make sure your EA does not add a comment in the comments to Broker.

Right click on terminal to check comments, if your EA is sending comments make sure you disable the EA menu not to send comments. I'll let you work out why :smart:

JD, are you referring to the comments that are in a column next to the price on the terminal? I have this ticked.
I use this to remind me why and what time frame I opened the position on or any other releavent notes. These are not sent to SLM are they?

JD, are you referring to the comments that are in a column next to the price on the terminal? I have this ticked.
I use this to remind me why and what time frame I opened the position on or any other releavent notes. These are not sent to SLM are they?

Yes they do get everything in the ticket. Not that they do anything with it.

I refer you to my previous post:

"I'll let you work out why" :smart:

Bid step forward

Well last night found out I'll lose my job 9th May so I will be going FULL TIME TRADER on SLM 10th May.

Not the way I planned but S##T HAPPENS lol

I use Ichimoku indicator on my charts, I have just realised that the Kijun Sen value on the daily charts is nearly 100 pips different to my Alpari demo account. I have checked settings and they are the same on both 9, 26, 52. Checked with some other Ichimoku traders and there values are matching Alpari's even though they are on different platforms. Anyone got any ideas, this could make one of the main reasons for using them useless if I can't rely on the charts indicators.

Good luck with the new career JDTRADER. my dad has just been made redundant, its a scary time for him. All the best for the future.
:)

SLM also have android App now that allows you to see MT4 client on the phone, edit, place orders, stops, see charts etc. very handy !

Can you tell us where this is available for download as i cant find it on their site?