Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Mata nui - you can make mt4 show the ask and bid. Right click on the chart and check the properties .

Correct! Only beneficial on lower tf's though as on the higher one's you wont see it even if you zoom right in.

Do SLM hedge all client orders?

As I understand it SLM hedge the large orders but not the small ones. I don't know how large is large though:).

I've read most of the thread so sorry if this has been covered. Has anyone taken advantage of the £300 of your first months losses returned? How long are the strings attached?

I've been demoing SLM for a couple of weeks and will probably go live next week with £500-£1000 and trade £0.50/£1.00 pips swing trading so will s/l invalidite setup at 20/25 pips and see how I go.

Anyone know how (if its possible) to enlarge the prices at the right of the charts? It may be just me but they appear really small and difficult to see.
cheers

I understand that the SLM demo that I have been using is only for 28 days. I need a lot longer.

Would it be thought of as dishonest to sign up for another 28 days or should I look for another demo account elsewhere?

I understand that the SLM demo that I have been using is only for 28 days. I need a lot longer.

Would it be thought of as dishonest to sign up for another 28 days or should I look for another demo account elsewhere?

I don't see why it should be considered dishonest.
28 days isn't very long (and the limit, if that's what it is, is not made obvious on the signup page).

They want your custom, so they ought to let you demo their platform, and at your convenience, not theirs.

Don't worry. I have a demo account from about 8 months ago and it's still available for me to use testing different strategies.

I am trading less with SLM. The main reason for this is not the recent problems with slippage (regard it as hopefully temporary), but too many instances of not getting executed. One should not be forced to use limit orders. With other SB you push the button for a market order and your in (almost 100%), with SLM you are not sure about this, and this create a lot uncertainty, which result I cannot step up my game with them. I hope they will get their execution machine sharpen, because at the moment SLM MT4 service is not helping me a bit trading SB. I will stay with SLM for yet awhile, and hope they will shape up their service in the near future.

My demo is now serveral months old and still working. Also all you need to do is create a new account in meta trader and you get a new demo account without having to apply. I have 3 demo accounts actually.One i created by accident and dont use, One i do use frequently to try stuff out and one is just running robots 24 hrs a day (and annoyingly making by far the most cash).

I am trading less with SLM. The main reason for this is not the recent problems with slippage (regard it as hopefully temporary), but too many instances of not getting executed. One should not be forced to use limit orders. With other SB you push the button for a market order and your in (almost 100%), with SLM you are not sure about this, and this create a lot uncertainty, which result I cannot step up my game with them. I hope they will get their execution machine sharpen, because at the moment SLM MT4 service is not helping me a bit trading SB. I will stay with SLM for yet awhile, and hope they will shape up their service in the near future.

There is something wrong with execution at the moment. I am running some robots on a demo and live (live robots are running pennies) and i am noticing very different execution. Its not all one way either. Some of the time a trade will be executed on the demo but not the live, most of the time both get executed with expected outcomes but sometimes (and more worryingly) the live will execute a trade that the demo wont. In almost every case this results in a loss.

I wonder if it is possible to get another live account. One for me and one for my robot army.

There is something wrong with execution at the moment. I am running some robots on a demo and live (live robots are running pennies) and i am noticing very different execution. Its not all one way either. Some of the time a trade will be executed on the demo but not the live, most of the time both get executed with expected outcomes but sometimes (and more worryingly) the live will execute a trade that the demo wont. In almost every case this results in a loss.

I wonder if it is possible to get another live account. One for me and one for my robot army.
I think SLM need some more time in settling down. There have been less comments by their representative on this thread about some of the problems that have arisen lately. This is not good, and I feel they have to take the comments here by traders more seriously. I will not give up on them yet, but my patience and willingness to trade with them is decreasing at the moment, hopefully this is just a temporary setback. It is very interesting trading SB on the MT4 platform, but execution must work, and if it doesn't there are other good options around that will do the job.

Wouldn't this be something to do with SLM's version of MT4 having some sort of additional control over execution, as per all (or nearly all!) SBs?

Wouldn't this be something to do with SLM's version of MT4 having some sort of additional control over execution, as per all (or nearly all!) SBs?
I don't think so, customized scripts and EA's is what MT4 is all about. If you can't get a "standard" execution running them the whole idea behind MT4 for SB fails.

Hi Gle,
Do you know where I can find any MT4 customized scripts that will let me to predefine my stop loss in points.

Thanks

Hi Gle,
Do you know where I can find any MT4 customized scripts that will let me to predefine my stop loss in points.

Thanks
Lots of them around, but try post #841 in this thread. In MT4 View/Navigator click on script, right click modify. Run the script first in order to find out the default setting for the stop loss for the script, then modify the stop loss parameter. Save and restart MT4.

I think SLM need some more time in settling down. There have been less comments by their representative on this thread about some of the problems that have arisen lately. This is not good, and I feel they have to take the comments here by traders more seriously. I will not give up on them yet, but my patience and willingness to trade with them is decreasing at the moment, hopefully this is just a temporary setback. It is very interesting trading SB on the MT4 platform, but execution must work, and if it doesn't there are other good options around that will do the job.

gle101 I have no slippage problems at all with their SG MT4 after 3 months live scalp trading - what latency times are you getting to their servers? Obviously there is not point trading with huge latency - try to get it down to a few MS and that will probably do the trick..

gle101 I have no slippage problems at all with their SG MT4 after 3 months live scalp trading - what latency times are you getting to their servers? Obviously there is not point trading with huge latency - try to get it down to a few MS and that will probably do the trick..
Yes you got a point when it comes to market orders. I will investigate what kind of latency I get reaching their servers. I got a pretty fast Internet connection so the problem isn't really on my side. However, slippage occurred with stop loss orders, so it has nothing to do with network latency. I am not putting too much emphasis on the slippage problem, it might have been taken care of already by SLM. I trade a lot with UK firms, and no problem with latency whatsoever besides maybe SLM.

On MT4 SLM is it possible to set the price shown on all charts between the Bid and Ask?

Can the clock be set to GMT?

On MT4 SLM is it possible to set the price shown on all charts between the Bid and Ask?

Can the clock be set to GMT?

The clock is dependant on the brokers server.

To see the Bid/ask got to properties and select "show ask line", the bid line is part of the grid. Select the desired colour and then untick show grid.