Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

Hi
Meta Trader 4 is what it is. Love it or hate it.

It is the most popular trading platform in the world used by over a million people, and there must be a reason for that. But it is not customisable I am afraid. I understand all your comments but guess you just have to weight up all the prose and cons, and for you it may not suit, which is a shame.

We will be launching our own web based platform soon, but I don't think that will be advanced enough for you I am afraid.

Regards
SLM

Well I will look into scripts and EA's as I still have a Live & Demo acc.

I'm still to find a platform that does all I want. This is what I want:

Platform as customizable as CMC Markets with all instruments to trade
The spreads of Capital Spreads
The ease of Deposit and Withdrawal of Smart Live Markets and great charts (well ish)
And the ease of execution of Oanda with good charts

Stick all this in one box and you've got the best platform on the market.

The fashion now is for basic numpty web platforms that freeze and are for newbies, no offence SLM.

Oh well I'll keep looking

Is there somewhere I can learn ea's and scripts but I don't want to auto trade but if it helps with trade set ups I'm all ears.

No issues for with the platform this week, not actually traded that much this week, just done some trades to test out execution etc on my small live account and all working fine.

Well I will look into scripts and EA's as I still have a Live & Demo acc.

I'm still to find a platform that does all I want. This is what I want:

Platform as customizable as CMC Markets with all instruments to trade
The spreads of Capital Spreads
The ease of Deposit and Withdrawal of Smart Live Markets and great charts (well ish)
And the ease of execution of Oanda with good charts

Stick all this in one box and you've got the best platform on the market.

The fashion now is for basic numpty web platforms that freeze and are for newbies, no offence SLM.

Oh well I'll keep looking

Is there somewhere I can learn ea's and scripts but I don't want to auto trade but if it helps with trade set ups I'm all ears.

SLM will probably give you all this once they finish ironing out the teething bugs,

They offer a huge selection of markets on Live, charts are great, execution seems on the level, a few pricing bugs being sorted out, ... customisable? It's MT4! This means: if you want it, you or a pro can code it for a reasonable price. You want better order management? Done. Google it. Free code and "to pay for" code available. You want the moon on a stick? Probably done. Google it. Some MT4 genious will programme it for you for a few $$$.

This is the most flexible platform you will ever find in the world of spreadbetting. I think we should all be grateful and will SLM on to iron out these bugs and give us the best SB service ever!

And where do you find these ?

Google my friend.

MT4 is a huge business with a huge following.

Some brainiac somewhere has probably coded your needs already. For free.

Try all trading forums online.

If you can't find what you want, ask. Some brainiac will probably code it for you for free for a project to pass the time.

If not, pay for it. A few $$$ and it's yours forever.

MT4 is what it is, like SLM said, but you need to realise it CAN BE anything you want with a bit of coding.

Honest truth.

TOC

If all things are possible with MT4, does anyone know of an EA that offers direct from charts trading? I've found a couple of really clumsy ones, but nothing very usable.

If all things are possible with MT4, does anyone know of an EA that offers direct from charts trading? I've found a couple of really clumsy ones, but nothing very usable.
Yes, it seems like it is not a great demand for such a feature, otherwise it would have been out there. I am looking for a EA that will let you move the target and stop lines directly on the chart. I saw such an EA a couple of years back, although you had to pay for it, around $20 I believe it was.

No issues for with the platform this week, not actually traded that much this week, just done some trades to test out execution etc on my small live account and all working fine.
This week there were quite many issues, some have also been taken care of. You probably didn't monitor the price feed that closely, anyway the SLM representative did acknowledge the problems, sounds reassuring, and I am looking forward to see what is happening next week.

Does this tool have any feature to let you enter and exit partial positions? For example, can I close 50% of my position when price hits a drawn line? Or, like MT4 regular order ticket, can you only manually close a partial position? (I think MT4 falls at this hurdle badly, surely they should have had the feature to set a partial exit order.... ?).

TOC

LOL this is a little off topic, forgive me, but I had to share this with you all. Check out the article's title!

http://www.articlesbase.com/investi...why-you-cant-win-with-day-trading-103226.html

LOL what a load of bullsh*t!

This is clearly a guy who has been stung once or more trying to trade small timeframes and never could get it right. So then he goes on the web to preach that daytrading cannot work. Look at the main reason he states... intraday data cannot show trends...? Really? What does he think happens on a 5M chart when you see one or two solid Daily candles on the same market? What an idiot!

Everyone's got an opinion and I'm no supertrader myself, but to think timeframes are your reason for losing at trading is just childish! I bet going from 5M charts to Daily charts wouldn't help him win at trading one bit.

Sorry, a bit random and all that, but the article just made me mad as well as amazed.

Thought I would give you all an bit of a laugh with this tosh. :LOL:

(Although I'm sure someone out there agrees with it....?)

TOC

Does this tool have any feature to let you enter and exit partial positions? For example, can I close 50% of my position when price hits a drawn line? Or, like MT4 regular order ticket, can you only manually close a partial position? (I think MT4 falls at this hurdle badly, surely they should have had the feature to set a partial exit order.... ?).

TOC
i dont think i does that actually ...i got it from here http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=98061.

but being able to enter exit a trade at the hit of a trend line is pretty cool and it is still being updated .