Smart Live Markets - Spread Bet on MT4

semanim.gif

:)

Last edited:
As soon as I read the word 'requoted' I was put off, we don't have to stand for requotes any more as there are other SB firms that don't do this shady practice, and for that reason alone I will not be opening an account with Smart Live Markets. Shame really, as they set up with MT4.

anyone else been getting invalid prices definitely today and i think yesterday?

have been running in manual all month and not noticed it until last 2 days?

platform is on a server in a data centre so cant see any local issue.

ff

anyone else been getting invalid prices definitely today and i think yesterday?

have been running in manual all month and not noticed it until last 2 days?

platform is on a server in a data centre so cant see any local issue.

ff

not getting any problems, live account on own computer

SLM price feed was a disgrace this afternoon. When Chicago PMI came out, price froze for 5 seconds. FXPro was 9 pips ahead of SLM on the EURJPY at one point.

No wonder people feel they can arbitrage SLM's prices. Good luck to them I say if SLM can't provide accurate feeds.

Let me also add that they weren't too bothered about me closing my account when I phoned them.

Now, does anyone know a good broker? I don't even care about the tax saving angle any more.

Last edited:
OK, you want a comment. Then here we go.

Arbitrage is one thing. That is dealing on market price discrepancies. This actually provides the market with a service, as it brings it into line.

So, if you knowingly deal on an incorrect price then we will not tolerate that.
That is not what we are here for. Yes we will invoke our Manifest Error rule in such cases. If you do not understand the logic, the reason or the fairness behind that then please close your account, before we do.

SLM

Surely, they'd never close your account, because you happen to take advantage of their inefficiency?

Don't all laugh at once guys!!!!!!!!!

Surely, they'd never close your account, because you happen to take advantage of their inefficiency?

Don't all laugh at once guys!!!!!!!!!

So there you go... how to beat SLM in 3 easy steps.

1) Wait for a big news announcement.
2) Check a decent broker's price feed for direction.
3) Enter trade before price moves on dog-slow SLM.

Re-quote, re-quote Re-quote. Seriously SLM you are a real dissapointment. Jumpy price feed. intermittent gaps, and re-quotes. I am pulling my account soon as it just seems to deteriorate

Re-quote, re-quote Re-quote. Seriously SLM you are a real dissapointment. Jumpy price feed. intermittent gaps, and re-quotes. I am pulling my account soon as it just seems to deteriorate

Its getting worse. Even the demo is not working today. I am testing an EA on EURUSD and GBPUSD (2 different settings each so 4 EAs running in total). Looking at the Logs since 9am this morning there should have been 10 trades taken. Only 4 have actually been taken. The rest seem to have not resulted in an order. I have just added code to check why but i am assuming it was error_requote or they exceeded the slippage parameter (2 points so set to 20 with slms 5 digits). I know the code entered the OrderSend block because i log it so before SLM moan about my code - IT ISNT ME.

Pretty much had enough now. If things dont start working by end of next week i am off. I only spreadbet fx anyway so should be able to find a more reliable broker with MT4.

Explain to me how the system can so seemlessly execute a stop an yet be so pathetic to execute the buy/sell order. Sort out the servers SLM

Do SLM definitely use MT4's Virtual Plug-in?

Does anyone using SLM use the Virtual dealer plug-in software detector?

More requotes this morning for me and a friend. Wasn't even during a fast moving market.

Closing account today. FXCM is looking tempting.