Serious question

chump

Tell me if I am wrong , or is this site degenerating into an asylum for lunatics...?

I feel a poll coming on....

Over the past six months the site has lost much of its appeal do to various idiots IMHO

No doubt I'll get flamed over this and receive further hate mail and a post from some user with a link to free trading systems...

JonnyT

JT,
I am asking this question because I preceive a qualititative change in the relatively short time that i have been here.

chump said:
Tell me if I am wrong , or is this site degenerating into an asylum for lunatics...? I feel a poll coming on....

I haven't been around for long enough to know whether it's "degenerating", but I think I know what you mean. It must be said, however, that there's a lot of very good and interesting stuff here as well, and I'm delighted, overall, to have found the site.

When I reach Moscow I shall rename all the streets in French but not tonight Josephene.
You're all quite safe, I took my pill this morning. :)

Having said that, I feel there is too much navel gazing on some threads and far too many personal attacks.

It seems that far too many posters get drawn in to tit for tat arguments that means the intersting informative posts can get lost in the drivel. It makes the site hard work sometimes and it would be easy to see how it is losing it's appeal to some.

I have only been posting for two months actively on this BB, Learning fast to not take some of it to seriously and enjoy it for what it is,get what you can from it , give if you can (not me yet) and try to leave with a smile. Not always that easy!

"It seems that far too many posters get drawn in to tit for tat arguments that means the intersting informative posts can get lost in the drivel. It makes the site hard work sometimes and it would be easy to see how it is losing it's appeal to some.".......yes exactly

Any site that runs like a county court where topics must pertain to the trial subject, gets boring.....lively discussion s is what makes it interesting...

topics or discussion will get sideways sometimes if the issue touches on a subject that one feels has something to do with the original issue.....

if anyone is bored with something then they should move on.......

after all moderators are there and will warn if anyone gets way out of order...and also there is a warning system in place to take care of it....