Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

Does anyone who trades MNT, MINT or INT consistantly every day fancy mirroring their trades on a metatrader platform and linking the account to www.myfxbook.com so we can all follow their performance in real time relative to NT?

Guess there's no takers then, but I think it would be really helpful to those wanting to trade the different versions to get an easy idea of how well the different variations are performing. Just set up a demo on any broker's metatrader and when you place your trade on IG, just do the same on metatrader (with any size account you choose) and we can all view the account.

Here's an example of one I've put on this week.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/jimbob/cabletrader/38928

It's nothing to do with net trap (just my own system I'm working on , which I'm sure will be destined to failure!), but it gives an idea how it works.

But long term NT is much better than INT. If you want to get really depressed about INT, then backtest the first 6 months of 2008.

I suppose whether you pay attention to long term results or very short term, depends on whether you intend to trade it long term or for a short period.

Hi Wagtail, I'm very curious as to just how bad INT has fared in the past, please do tell!

Has it banked SERIOUSLY less pips than NT some months, or only, say 20 or 30 less?

I think you mentioned earlier that you were hoping to post the backtest results here this week, have you had a chance to prepare the results yet?

Sorry for being impatient. :p

Hi Wagtail, I'm very curious as to just how bad INT has fared in the past, please do tell!

Has it banked SERIOUSLY less pips than NT some months, or only, say 20 or 30 less?

I think you mentioned earlier that you were hoping to post the backtest results here this week, have you had a chance to prepare the results yet?

Sorry for being impatient. :p

Sorry I've not got the results together yet, my main computer has a virus at present which I'm struggling with. Most of my work is on that one. I did some testing on this laptop, though, and I've attached a screen shot of forextester for the last 6 months of 2009. It shows a profit factor of 1.29 for INT (£1.29 earned for every pound risked) with a 64% win rate. Standard NT for the same period was running at well over 1.5, however.

From what I recall, the first 6 months of 2008 for INT were just 1.1. So, INT is the best of the versions that I've tested, but still NT trumps everything.

Attachments

• 40ma3025.alltaken.gif
    40ma3025.alltaken.gif
    34.2 KB · Views: 174
Hmmm something indeed is strange but my chart is attached! Are we singing from the same hymn sheet or has the cheese & wine got to me?

Good day Sirs,
Mike

View attachment 86924

Looks like my chart Mike. INT and MINT, our instant in at the market variants were doomed this morning, MNT worked for me this morning, because that didn't trigger the same way as NT didn;t till late on - but I had to hold out for a bit past 8.30 for it to bank. I changed NT to MNT due to the after hours - wasn't confident of going further into the day.

mornin...

I was out yesterday? i couldnt partake...what was the results? looks like a loss?

Morning, first time trading this week, i've missed out on some pips....... Not happy.
Looks like we're going long today.