Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

The m.a. has been flat since 20:00 yesterday eve, and since 4am it's FFFFFFFUU The 6.15 is now shaping up for a D. Taking all this into account plus it's a day after a Bank Hol in US, if ever there was a day to stay out then this is it.

I'm glad that most of you chose not to take my 'advice' to stay out of trading today. Well done (he says with false smile and gnashing of teeth)!

I guess another tweak you can add to the system is the 'gav2e indicator' which is basically if I say don't trade, then you pile in big with double stakes at least. guaranteed to hit +50.

Just off to beat myself up with the nearest baseball bat!

Hi, an interesting session, hoping every one took some decent profits , but I can't help feeling a little in the dark here - was the Aussie interest rate desicion enough to spark this off , or am I missing something here , its not often We such so much cable action on the Asian session - anyone care to throw some light on this ?

I'm glad that most of you chose not to take my 'advice' to stay out of trading today. Well done (he says with false smile and gnashing of teeth)!

I guess another tweak you can add to the system is the 'gav2e indicator' which is basically if I say don't trade, then you pile in big with double stakes at least. guaranteed to hit +50.

Yes well done all, around +46 for true NTer's, those on +50 used NT+D, but well done too. I really see no difference to todays signal and the signal of Friday 25th June. Both clear by 1 rounded. If RH says no trade again and missed out on 46 pips he will be redeemed in my eyes.

Well done again all,i'm still +115 for July so still happy.

M

+42 for me

Looks like 90% of the SFT forum peeps used the mech tool thingy and did not take the trade apart for good old RT , he will never be swayed off vanilla NT. Well done. (y)

But you could have at least ribbed them a bit RT for ingnoring nT rules and missing out on 40+ pips.

M

The last MA I thought was shaping for a U - the last 25 candles were mostly up, and as time went on, their influence outweighed the downs of the previous ones. I took a bat to meself last Thursday, for the same reasons, but go easy on yourself (y)

Perhaps there is an optimum angle of increase or decline. 10 across (candles) and 10 pips up would be 45degrees - too steep, whereas ths morning we were about 1 up over the 10 candles, which is 5.7 degrees. Trading by trigonometry (C)

On the UDF or is it the FUD, or even the DUF? one thing I have noticed, is that even 10 U's can lead to a loss , happened week before last I think. Perhaps we should be looking at slow but steady increses or decreases, rather than a spectular run of 10U or 10D where it's in danger of running out of steam?

Last edited:

How did you get FFFFFFFUU? 6:33am the UDF was showing 3:1 up. I now think this is one of the strongest signals if triggered: it shows that there are some traders on the wrong side who on the break out are forced to cover their positions giving more drive to the move. No opposition in the chain would mean to treat the signal with a caution.

The last MA I thought was shaping for a U - the last 25 candles were mostly up, and as time went on, their influence outweighed the downs of the previous ones. I took a bat to meself last Thursday, for the same reasons, but go easy on yourself (y)

Perhaps there is an optimum angle of increase or decline. 10 across (candles) and 10 pips up would be 45degrees - too steep, whereas ths morning we were about 1 up over the 10 candles, which is 5.7 degrees. Trading by trigonometry (C)

On the UDF or is it the FUD, or even the DUF? one thing I have noticed, is that even 10 U's can lead to a loss , happened week before last I think. Perhaps we should be looking at slow but steady increseas or decreases, rather than a spectular run of 10U or 10D where it's in danger of running out of steam?

One of the things you have to be careful about is interpreting the slope of the MA. One of the old adages of the Asian session breakout theory is having a 'tight' overnight range will produce a more meaningful breakout. That lends itself t having more of a flat MA.

Having a definite trend makes people think, "oh yes, its definitely going down/up and will continue to do so" but .. it could be that most of the 'breakout' part has been already taken up.

However, there is probably something in having a number of candles working against you otherwise RH wouldnt have mentioned it etc

So you pays your money and takes your choice.

How did you get FFFFFFFUU? 6:33am the UDF was showing 3:1 up. I now think this is one of the strongest signals if triggered: it shows that there are some traders on the wrong side who on the break out are forced to cover their positions giving more drive to the move. No opposition in the chain would mean to treat the signal with a caution.

As I alluded to before, and as much as people seem to have adopted this indicator, it doesnt actually agree with the NT rules.. There is no 2:1, 3:1 or whatever... You can have a UUUUUU.... etc or a UFFFFFFF...D and still be ok as long as it agrees with the blurb in the book

1 - There needs to be a difference between the first and last candle
2 - There needs to be under a certain number of MA readings that go against the trend

As we've seen, at least 2 days of +50 pips where the MA has been just 1 and days of -30 where its been +5/10 etc.. I havent done the stats exactly..

Hi, an interesting session, hoping every one took some decent profits , but I can't help feeling a little in the dark here - was the Aussie interest rate decision enough to spark this off , or am I missing something here , its not often We such so much cable action on the Asian session - anyone care to throw some light on this ?

Well, as your correspondent from Japan, there wasn't much news today around AUD etc Stocks did finish higher and the yen retreated slightly but that was put down to gains in China. Whether that affects the GBP/USD so much you can debate..

5am would have been 2pm here, the main action was me eating lunch and listening to my little boy whinge

Hi all
so a great week for net trap this week
I have now been trading this for 4 weeks and at first always placed the order of the hig or low of the 6 15 candle,But i now just go straight in at 6 30 at market .
Would like to ask if anyone knows how often the trade order isnt hit as i have never had a trade order not activated hebce why i now go in at market .

Would like some advice please
I have 6k to invest in this and am thinking of doing mint and int Can you tell me if the followng is correct
Mint =Enter at market with stop at 30 and target 10
Int =enter at market with stop at 30 and target 25 (has anyone trialed the 50 pip target with this )
Also what is vanilla nt ?

Was going to do £1 Int and £3 mint

All opinions apreciated
Thankyou
Yidos1

Hi all
I have now been trading this for 4 weeks and at first always placed the order of the hig or low of the 6 15 candle,But i now just go straight in at 6 30 at market .
Would like to ask if anyone knows how often the trade order isnt hit as i have never had a trade order not activated hebce why i now go in at market .

I have 6k to invest in this and am thinking of doing mint and int Can you tell me if the followng is correct

Yes correct
Int =enter at market with stop at 30 and target 25 (has anyone trialed the 50 pip target with this )

Yes correct

Buy the book you cheapskate!!!

All opinions apreciated
Thankyou
Yidos1

??

Well, as your correspondent from Japan, there wasn't much news today around AUD etc Stocks did finish higher and the yen retreated slightly but that was put down to gains in China. Whether that affects the GBP/USD so much you can debate..

5am would have been 2pm here, the main action was me eating lunch and listening to my little boy whinge

Thanks for that- begining to wonder if the US financial institutions kind of 'made up'
for having a day off by trading much more heavily through their Asian Offices -going to watch out for this next time the Yanks have a holiday.

Thanks for that- begining to wonder if the US financial institutions kind of 'made up'
for having a day off by trading much more heavily through their Asian Offices -going to watch out for this next time the Yanks have a holiday.

Generally I'd say no, pretty much its the local currencies that get traded during the various sessions etc, so if it involved YEN/AUD/NZD then yes maybe, but GBP/USD I'd say would be more likely to be routed through London when its a US hol and vice versa. But most people just seem to take the day off

Hi all

All opinions apreciated
Thankyou
Yidos1

All as Mark answered, except 'Vanilla NT', is the NT system exactly as the manual tells you. Vanilla, is unaldterated, un-tweaked NT with no extras.

Whether this remains a good week for NT remains to be seen, but a good start, and definitely a good start to July.

So you will be risking £120 per day, which is 2% of your £6k account. MM is OK then, but your max reward is 60 pips. Up to you that.;)

I have bought the book just dont remember it called vanilla nt do you Rugby?

my apologies.

As there are now so many varieties, Net Trap as described in the book is now referred to as Vanilla Net Trap do differentiate it from the many different variations that are being discussed on this thread.

hope that helps.