Not open for further replies.
potential? or a missed op?

methinks a pull back imminent then another drop

Attachments

• copper.JPG
    copper.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 156
Calendars

I stopped using stops because sometimes I was too eager shorting the indices because I'm in work and dont really have time to continually follow the market and it was swinging against me before coming back down to me. I will start using them again.

I didnt know they were announcing US GDP so i missed that one. Also I thought the FTSE would fall on Mervyn Kings sdtatement that the banks are gonna need more money but now I'm guessing that the fall is due to US GDP being used as an indicator.

Bookmark these calendars: Bloomberg.com: Economic Calendar
Economic calendar | financial calendar | Forex economic calendar Look out for Stars & Green.
Some traders print the calendars every week...

Any of you guys watching the Bund might like to take a look at a 10yr chart too... if the PA develops there could be some good shorts here.

Excellent charts.... but that means the indexes might start rallying up as well..

hmmm... maybe time to stop shorting and start watching how this develops.

I'm happy with my measly 30 pips from the Bund today :LOL:

Excellent charts.... but that means the indexes might start rallying up as well..

I'm happy with my measly 30 pips from the Bund today :LOL:

I'd be wary of basing an index trade from a Bond shart... correlations don't last forever, and recently the Stock and Bond relationship has broken down a bit (examples of this are Oil and USDJPY)... they can be a good tool, don't get me wrong - seeing "all the ducks line up" can be great confirmation of a move you are expecting, but you kinda need to be at the screens day in day out to notice which relationships are in and which are out.

As per the "no chat" clause... there is a PB on the 30m and an inside bar setting up

EDIT: To give an idea of what I mean, when Oil was up at $140+ you could pretty much guess where everything else would be off the Oil price alone... for example, Oil up = stocks down on inflation and higher costs... but recently that has broken down

Attachments

• 10yrtrigger.PNG
    10yrtrigger.PNG
    15.7 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
I put my whole life into the dow dropping below 7000

It looks as though dante has taken the food from my children's mouths.

Gecko, I see what you're saying about the correlation. I thought that metals and softs would see a lot of interest today after the us gdp announcement.

You think the judgement on the graph on my post was bollox?

Gecko, I see what you're saying about the correlation. I thought that metals and softs would see a lot of interest today after the us gdp announcement.

Mate, remember this is a site for POTENTIAL SETUPS - you need to carry out your own analysis and go with your egde/system, whatever that may be. The folks on here are merely pointing out potential trades for their systems. Don't follow people without doing your own research otherwise you'll come a cropper!
Grim
Hope this comes across as helpful - not having a dig, just keeping it real as it were!

Would you take a trade just on someone elses recommendation or do you research it yourself?

YOU operate your account.

YOU click the button.

YOU are responsible for your children. Feeding or Starving them!

In any case "Only trade with money you can afford to lose"

but that means the indexes might start rallying up as well..

Bearing in mind what I said before... the Bund is now slowing up above the 124.80 level, at the 61.8% fib retracement of the recent swing up... and see attached Eurostoxx chart; previous support now resistance w/ 38.2% fib confluence... time for a retracement perhaps?

Either way it's half 3 on friday, a gorgeous day, the rugby is on later, I'ts not a trade for me.

(Zoomed into the 30m to make it easier to see)

Attachments

• Stoxx.png
    Stoxx.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 130
QUOTE]

I hope you don't mind me asking, (I am trying to learn) but what price/point did you sell at to be so offside on the DOW?
We hit lows for the week this morning.

Nicola

Firstly, its never a good idea to blindly follow someone else. Even the best get it wrong from time to time. And I am certainly not the best. Having said that, since I have been openly bearish on the dow on this thread from several hundred (maybe even as much as a thousand) points higher...I'd say it wasn't that bad a call overall.

Secondly, we went as low as 7011...which really isn't that far off my call being "right"...

Thirdly, even if you were unlucky enough to have sold the low to the TICK...it's rallied a mere 100 ticks...if that was enough to take the food out of your childrens mouths you are way too overleveraged and have no concept of risk management.

And finally, iI wouldn't be stopping out yet. You know the drill, it rallies and then the US usually sh*ts all over it.

I did warn that sooner or later that's not going to work anymore, but in the meantime it still is...

Always do your own analysis.

I still believe we will go to 6950 as stated earlier. We would need to go above 7230 for me to even begin to doubt myself.

Last edited:
Thanks gecko. I take any criticism as positive.

I dont even have kids I was just being melodramatic its only a demo account. I'm keeping it in profit for a job interview i have coming up.

The only reason I went with his advice is because I agreed with him. I put everything into the trade because I knew it would come down. I was just too green i.e. greedy and eager, to stick it out and short it at the top of the (inevitable) rally.

I'm normally a lot more conservative tbh. It will nosedive in the next 45 mins and I'll clean up. Only not as much as I could have.

I apologise if anyone thought I was serious.

I'm only serious if I ask a question or your opion. You can count anything else I say to be absolute sh*t. And on me being overly dramatic.

Sorry again.

4hr pin on the FTSE futures..... think worth a punt.... I'll stick to 30 ticks target on this one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.