Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone who got stung by the euros drop yesterday i sincerely apologise on behalf of my country. besides, i voted yes!

possible setup on the e/u
outside bar on good sup.on the 4 hour chart and an inside bar on the hourly,could be good entry on the break??both candles complete this hour on my charts (y)
price has allready broke the daily pivot and the suport price with the break of the pin this mornin,a continuation breakto the downside could be a good trade.price has been resisted by the 38%fib of from last weeks low to todays high,which if the price breaks would be my first TP area as is daily pivot and close to monthly S1.

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    51.5 KB · Views: 209
  • update2.gif
    update2.gif
    51.3 KB · Views: 175
What do you think to this now omni? didnt move much did it...

How I see it:
+
Monday was a very strong bullish outside bar.
Its broken above resistance, consolidated, and stayed up.
Yesterday was an inside bar and an nr4.

-
Its by a 50% retracement level from 01-11-2007 - 17-03-2008
Didnt follow up the break with any movement.

Nice surprise for us this mornin1 1pipped...... gbpjpy broke thru well. you holding or cutting at 212?

this is getting promoted to the ftse 100 soon,don,t quote me on this,but is that not a sell signal in itself.

Attachments

• FERREXPO.png
    FERREXPO.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 235
Nice surprise for us this mornin1 1pipped...... gbpjpy broke thru well. you holding or cutting at 212?

nice one you 2!nice chart to wake up to!! luckily it was a nite i didnt sleep 2 well and so i caught it for a few pips also :)(was feeling left out)(y)

e/y = stop BE
TD could you give us your thoughts on the eu/us,would you have taken the hourly pin (at7-8 euro time)or\and would/did you take the inside bar break??
the outside/inside bar setups is still something im trying to learn how to play well.would the overhead res have put you off the long trade??
comments from ny experienced traders welcome ;)

on the us cad,thinking of putting a buy stop above the pin in case all them stops get hit.:devilish:

on the us cad,thinking of putting a buy stop above the pin in case all them stops get hit.:devilish:
lolol
the daily is now showing the break of an eve star formation so could be the pinbars day??having said that though it doesnt seem to want to fall below the daily pivot??

e/y = stop BE
TD could you give us your thoughts on the eu/us,would you have taken the hourly pin (at7-8 euro time)or\and would/did you take the inside bar break??
the outside/inside bar setups is still something im trying to learn how to play well.would the overhead res have put you off the long trade??
comments from ny experienced traders welcome ;)

jonj,

I am very bullish Euro as we have traded back into the bottom of the range on the daily TF (see my last post) so would not have taken the pin bar short. Instead I chose to take the break higher of the inside bar (indicated by arrow in chart).

Tom

Attachments

• euro1.gif
    euro1.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 421

Yes nice suprise indeed omni, Im ignoring 212 as it has been busted quite nicely now, 213.40 was my first target area and ill pay attention to 213 if it gets there.

Glad spurs persuaded me it was still good, I owe you a pip or two spurs (take my usdcad stop out if you want lol ;) )

Im still in usdcad jonj, looks like 1.03 has stopped it for the time being. Good luck on e/j looks good to me (y)

Anyone got thoughts on gold?
Or has it taken a back seat with everyone?

jonj,

I am very bullish Euro as we have traded back into the bottom of the range on the daily TF (see my last post) so would not have taken the pin bar short. Instead I chose to take the break higher of the inside bar (indicated by arrow in chart).

Tom
thanx TD just what i wanted to know,also long but didnt take the inside bar you took as the res scared me,took the 4 hour break though as it was above the res i have on my charts (y)

Dollar/Yen looks to me like it might be about to break to the upside...

4hr pin indicates short but if 108.40 or thereabouts goes it should be home free...

Either way it's decision time.

anyone still in daily pin short usd/cad from couple of days ago? looks to be in trouble, almost out for a big loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.