Plain Vanilla Options Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dc2000 said:
at what price were trades 10 and 11 closed at?
Not yet...50% chance of being filled before Dow opens and similar before FTSE closes, but anticipated sure winner.

By the way, to crack peanuts you need a sledgehammer to make sure they are cracked properly , instead of trying to use a teaspoon..:LOL:

The same applies to Monkey Nuts too....:LOL:

I forgot to mention...to crack Monkey Heads they have to be knocked together....really hard....:LOL:

SOCRATES said:
Not yet...50% chance of being filled before Dow opens and similar before FTSE closes, but anticipated sure winner.

A statement that would appear to be based on some sort of statistical analysis of historic market movements . . .

cant see it today Dow has an outstanding low target, but Im sure it will by late tomorrow

You just cannot trust anyone can you ?

Someone has copied my trade in the 6125 Mar Puts and has done 1650 contracts at the same price, and another blighter has done 50 in the 6175 Mar Puts @ 97....3 points less.

Have a look on your screens now boys....

This is why the best stuff is kept firmly behind locked doosr, u c ?

That is why I limit my posts to showing results and not the rest.

There you go...:cool:

SOCRATES said:

Someone has copied my trade in the 6125 Mar Puts and has done 1650 contracts at the same price, and another blighter has done 50 in the 6175 Mar Puts @ 97....3 points less.

This is why the best stuff is kept firmly behind locked doosr, u c ?

That is why I limit my posts to showing results and not the rest.

There you go...:cool:
Small world this is...:cheesy:

I have just come off the phone with Bulldozer.

As it happens this was one of Bully's clients placing as an exotic into the June.

SOCRATES said:

Someone has copied my trade in the 6125 Mar Puts and has done 1650 contracts at the same price
. . .

. . .

Maybe the same guy who traded 1650 of the June 6125 puts at 161 at exactly the same time?

Just a thought, but hey . . . you decide :rolleyes:

Edited to add . . . . as the prevailing quotes at the time of trade were 79.5 - 82 in the March and 154-158 in the June, I'd peg both of those as purchases.

Edited to add . . . further investigation shows a 33 lot trading in the March future @ 6210 at exactly the same time. These are almost certainly late reported for trades as my bbg screen shows the condition code "BC" against all three (ie the two sets of puts, and the futures).

Edited to add, BBG help desk confirms "BC" = block crossing trade

Edited to again (final one) : backtracking from the futures price, trade looks like it went through at 08:15-08:25, difficult to say which side the March was, but the June certainly looks like a sale.

Just an interpretation of what's available on the screens you understand

Last edited:
Trade Number 12

Writing 3 lots Mar 6225 FTSE 100 Puts @ 110 or better...

Order pending...

Announcement::~

Trade number 10 closed @ 65 (sorry..typo 75 is the correct fill price)

(3 X 10 X 10 )= £300 profit before expenses.

...Buyer loses...again.....Oh Dear.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Announcement::~

Trade number 10 closed @ 65

(3 X 10 X 10 )= £300 profit before expenses.

...Buyer loses...again.....Oh Dear.....

should that not be £600 on trade 10

dc2000 said:
should that not be £600 on trade 10
Thank you for pointing out the typo. Fill was at 75 and not 65.

The other one is working let us see if I can get them back at 88 or thereabouts...for 12 points or thereabouts....waiting....

SOCRATES said:
Trade number 10 closed @ 65 (sorry..typo 75 is the correct fill price)

Something that has been im[portant in all of these trades is Socrates extensive use of limit orders. Typical spread in this particular series is 3 points.

On that particular closing tade, market was 75-76 with his 3 lot on the bid, 131 lots offered

Everyone else was 73.5 bid behind him.

A Dashing Blade said:
Keeping it simple for everyone . . .

In round numbers, and assuming I've used this options functionality correctly (a big if!), the index "should" be around 6255 for that to happen (iv = 13.5%)

ie a 30 point rise from where the trade was executed.

Was out by 10 points

Trade executed when future was 6210
Trade closed when future was 6240

Limit orders scalped 4 or 5 points from a total of 7 or 8 for the round trip.

A Dashing Blade said:
Something that has been im[portant in all of these trades is Socrates extensive use of limit orders. Typical spread in this particular series is 3 points.

On that particular closing tade, market was 75-76 with his 3 lot on the bid, 131 lots offered

Everyone else was 73.5 bid behind him.
Trade of 3 @ 75 still showing on Euronext ~ Liffe screen, go and look.:rolleyes:

Market now closed ~ the other one not filled at 88 as expected but tomorrow another day....... and now teatime......:LOL: ...teabags....PG Tips...:LOL:

Very nice trading and position management in a narrow range day, SOCRATES.
Well done !
Richard

Mr. Charts said:
Very nice trading and position management in a narrow range day, SOCRATES.
Well done !
Richard
Thank you, and I am very gratified to tell you the other lot ( u no hoo), and their cousins as well, have separately also been given a good thrashing too..:LOL: ...you will be pleased to hear....:cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.