Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pocrel, The Brent bar didnt show because the way it calculated the body to bar range ratio was messed up. I have corrected that now.
The parameter BodyToRangeRatio is now a percentage. When it was set to 33% the bar didnt trigger. If i change it to 35% it does display it. This confirms what i thought by visually looking at the bar that the body was close to the 33% but probably slightly over.

The fixed version *with a default of 35% is att.
Obviously you can change these settings

very nice mate (y)

How much discretion do people use with this? I came out of the Eur/Usd trade with a few pips because a double top seemed to be forming with todays high. However I'm prone to finding any excuse to come out of a trade and have missed out on good winners in the past using various methods. It is one of my(many) weaknesses!:cheesy:

How much discretion do people use with this? I came out of the Eur/Usd trade with a few pips because a double top seemed to be forming with todays high. However I'm prone to finding any excuse to come out of a trade and have missed out on good winners in the past using various methods. It is one of my(many) weaknesses!:cheesy:

there is plenty of discretion as we can see me and ddi taking different trades this morning, for me the euro was not a trade but i think if you like the setup nothing wrong with taking it

my chart on the euro
euro.gif

as you can see mata nui pin bar indicator did not flag it either, i think we are getting somewhere with this pin bar indicator and we can remove some of the discretion (y)

Last edited:
Looks like just the cable trade (if you stick to the system). Given that the bar was in major chop it was a risky one at best

Finger happy, sorry need to get some points on the board after yesterdays mess up, still annoyed i never checked my pivot levels on gold silly mistake

again Mata Nui indicator was working on that one (y)

but i was watching that 2 mins in to the close with finger ready :D

i guess an automated entry system would have you in much quicker

again Mata Nui indicator was working on that one (y)

but i was watching that 2 mins in to the close with finger ready :D

i guess an automated entry system would have you in much quicker

I am going to work on a new EA i think. Looking at the code of the original one i think part of the problem with its backtest speed is that it frequently checks the pivot indicator and pin bar indicator (which obviously loop through about 1500 bars each). I should be able to move my pinbar code into the EA meaning every bar it will only need to check back 6 bars. Also i think if i can create the pivot values in the EA (should be easy enough) i will only need to recalculate them either at a new day or on initiation of the EA.

My thinking for the pivots is if i put them into an array then every pin i just loop through and see if we hit one. Then if we are long i just look at the array current pos + 1 for the target and if short i look at the array current -1. I can do a move to BE at 1x (or optional) but i dont know how to close partial positions.

I am going to work on a new EA i think. Looking at the code of the original one i think part of the problem with its backtest speed is that it frequently checks the pivot indicator and pin bar indicator (which obviously loop through about 1500 bars each). I should be able to move my pinbar code into the EA meaning every bar it will only need to check back 6 bars. Also i think if i can create the pivot values in the EA (should be easy enough) i will only need to recalculate them either at a new day or on initiation of the EA.

My thinking for the pivots is if i put them into an array then every pin i just loop through and see if we hit one. Then if we are long i just look at the array current pos + 1 for the target and if short i look at the array current -1. I can do a move to BE at 1x (or optional) but i dont know how to close partial positions.

great stuff Mata Nui

i think if we can get this thing sorted everyone will benefit on here and we can all sell it for $99 :cheesy:

Hi all,

I have my 30M charts set up with the HSPinbar indicator and the autopivotindicator-ver5 but the standard pivot values are different to the livechart figures
http://www.livecharts.co.uk/Members/display_forex_pivots.php

Do you use the autopivotindicator-ver5 or manually put the values in from livecharts?

most of the currencies autopivot indicators are very good but always double check(something i never did yesterday) but when it comes to pivot levels for index and commodities then you need to look at livecharts and oilngold.com to confirm the correct levels
input them into the manual pivot level indicator

Last edited:
going to have a break, eurjpy looks good Mata Nui

2 trades this morning

+34 full points