Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been safe so far today (but bored). I was out getting the bike MOT sorted so missed the wt and EUR trades (wouldnt have taken the EUR though as on my charts the bar looks too short and squat. More like a drawing pin than the sort of pin i like to take). Dont watch Silver (shame).

hi mata nui, please feel free to add a wheat chart for everyone to check, as for been bored good practice for sitting on your hands, market looks difficult today and everything is outside of the ranges

trade alert:, brent is a short 12252, but i wont take it as i am already short wti crude

trade alert:, brent is a short 12252, but i wont take it as i am already short wti crude

chart of brent :
brent.gif

trade alert crude is a short again, but i am short brent so i will leave it

trade alert crude is a short again, but i am short brent so i will leave it

chart
wti.gif

i like this bar as its taken out the highs of the day and reversed wish i had taken this setup over the last wti one :)

ahh missed trade

usd/jpy

chart
usdjpy.gif

cant watch them all, i dont know whats happen to people posting on here? anyone seen these setups?

markets are crazy today, I think on big momentum days like this its best to step aside ?

if your afraid of the market you will never take a trade, you should be able to put a trade on without fair, if you have fair then you are either risking to much or you dont believe in your system or yourself, i have total confidence in the sytem and myself and i dont over extend myself so i am never afraid of a loss, i dont like them but they will never reduce my balance big enough not to let me trade.
Markets are always changing but dont listen to the news etc and follow the system it works in all types of market conditions

thats all i can do today

totals 2 trades

+6.5 full points

missed the usd/jpy, would have been a down day if i took all signals but barely, this system does not loose you much money on the down days

Anyone long on Gold. I have a pin at the 15:30 close off what is R1 on my charts (autopivots). Currently half way to target with stop to BE. Not going to mess with it. I will let it go to target or out at BE.

"cant watch them all, i dont know whats happen to people posting on here? anyone seen these setups? "

Hi Pocrel -- Re. the above,if others are like me,they are starting to unwind for the weekend.I seem to be doing more leisure stuff than trading at the moment as the weather is just gorgeous right now in the UK. There are not too many people following the thread today but I'm sure I can speak for a lot of others that do follow this thread that we are extremely grateful for what you do so please keep up the good work,it is much appreciated.

klw

"cant watch them all, i dont know whats happen to people posting on here? anyone seen these setups? "

Hi Pocrel -- Re. the above,if others are like me,they are starting to unwind for the weekend.I seem to be doing more leisure stuff than trading at the moment as the weather is just gorgeous right now in the UK. There are not too many people following the thread today but I'm sure I can speak for a lot of others that do follow this thread that we are extremely grateful for what you do so please keep up the good work,it is much appreciated.

klw

I agree with that. Its good to have lots of people posting but i think a lot in the UK will be very part time trading at the moment. Great weather, school holidays and a couple of good bank holidays coming up. I am trying, but its tough even getting paying work done at the moment.

There was a 0900 pin bar on EURUSD this morning see chart attached. The nose on the pin bar wasnt ideal however bar closed above open and price moved swiftly to the next pivot.

With the market gapping last night on the european indices the pivots were all blown through right from the get go. I still made it a profitable day even though there were a few stop outs.

Attachments

• pic.gif
    pic.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Hi,
Great thread Pocrel. First trade today on Eur/Usd after following this thread for a while. I came out with 18 pips as news was imminent. I hope some more experienced people can confirm the signal was valid.

Attachments

• EurUsd 21 April.jpg
    EurUsd 21 April.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 220
Hi,
Great thread Pocrel. First trade today on Eur/Usd after following this thread for a while. I came out with 18 pips as news was imminent. I hope some more experienced people can confirm the signal was valid.
Hi, I wouldnt call myself experienced but I think the bar you took was quite bearish, as close was both below open and quite a distance from the bars high..but it worjed (y)

The 8:00-830 bar would qualify as a more valid entry.