Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Be a hit and miss day for me today sorry not rally posting till next week properly till i am home

had a nice reversal trade on the eurusd but got an s and p long trade wrong and ended with a lovely win on the ftse, only 1 was a pin bar system trade

hope others are trading, where is gelly gone? anyone take any trades today?

Can't trade much at the mo Pocrel. Looked at a possible 7.30 long pin on cable today, but low broken.

Last edited:
anyone got link to gold pivots? livecharts data is bit doolally.

thanks.

nic s&p short just then, i cannot post my charts up here.

also looks like a brent sep short 10768, the pin bar formation was an hour ago (not sure if its still valid now), anyone else concur?

Weeekly round up for me

only managed to trade monday

2 trades

-45 points

disappointing really after such a volatile week, i missed out on some cracking opportunities

but now that the USA has been downgraded by s and p i am sure we will get the same next week and i am trading monday to wed so looking forward to getting stuck into it as i have been very quiet lately

hope everyone has a good weekend and tanks to those who contributed, how did people fair in the markets?

I have been using a similar system to trade pin bars and am comvinced of their potential. However, it's quickly obvious that many of the markets tradable using pin bars have very similar charts. Are people using intra-market comparisons to confirm trades? - e.g. would you check your short (/ buy) on the DAX to see if the FTSE shows strength (/ weakness), do you seek support for a long / short on AUD/USD from the ASX, or WTI from the S&P?

morning, line are drawn and i am going to get a coffee lets hope with get the volatility of last week but already it seem the market has calmed down

I have been using a similar system to trade pin bars and am comvinced of their potential. However, it's quickly obvious that many of the markets tradable using pin bars have very similar charts. Are people using intra-market comparisons to confirm trades? - e.g. would you check your short (/ buy) on the DAX to see if the FTSE shows strength (/ weakness), do you seek support for a long / short on AUD/USD from the ASX, or WTI from the S&P?

morning tomorton, i think due to correlation you need to know whats going on on all the markets if the s and p is tanking then then the euro should be tanking to (but some days the correlation is not there especially over these extreme times) but in normal market conditions they tend to follow each other

aud can be a good gauge for commodities

also a good gauge i like to look at is the dollar index USDX (shows how the dollar is fairing against the top currencies ) easy way to scan the majors

scratch that trade just nt confident in the setup

this is what i was looking at and i was worried about that trend line and we got a strong bounce from it so i think it might go higher now

eurgbp.gif

foot off the gas here folk, closing position for +35 full points on aud usd

+35 full points

Your stochs was also showing divergence:)

not really due to the big spike bar on the open neil

but if we took that bar out then yes there was divergence (that was playing on my mind a little)

eurgbp.gif